Super quick question: I have a PRS SE Custom 24 w/ trem and was wondering if it is setup for standard will down-tuning to flat ruin or change anything? It seems like a pain to just get it re-setup if I just want to take a day and learn some songs that are in flat tuning. Thanks.
I have a PRS CE24. It might effect the amount of spring tension required - which will effect how your trem sets with the guitar tuned flat. Give it a try. It shouldn't damage anything, but do pay attention to whether the trem settles out or feels different. If there's no change in the trem, play away.
Yes. If the flat tuning does effect the tremolo, just retune to standard and you'll be fine.

Tuning flat shouldn't cause it, but if the trem bottoms out (hits the body), then don't use it and retune back to normal. If you wanted to leave it like that, you'd need to remove a spring and then recheck it. You'll know if it's not right after tuning flat.
Whammy bar is another name for a trem, or tremolo. Actually, trem is a misused name. The correct name is vibrato.

Tremolo is the varying of the volume of a note or notes. This would be accomplished on the guitar by varying the volume knob.

Vibrato is the varying of the pitch of a note or notes. This would be accomplished on the guitar by moving the whammy bar, or vibrato arm.

If you call it a trem, most guys will know what you mean, however there are a few out there who will ask to make sure you're talking about the same thing.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Whammy bar is another name for a trem, or tremolo. Actually, trem is a misused name. The correct name is vibrato.

Leo's legacy shall live on forever.