Hey, I couldn't find any similar thread like this so I'm posting my own.
I've recently been checking out a lot of Les Pauls and have come over a dilema.
I've found a (in my opinion) a beautiful looking Epiphone LP with a honeyburst finish:

http://www.musicmax.si/proizvodi/ostale-kitare-s-polnim-trupom/epiphone-elkitara-lp-standard/5575/

Now in case you can't work the info out since its in Slovene, im gonna post it here:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
... (info that isnt relevant)
... (info that isnt relevant)
- Finish: Honeyburst

Well, as I said before, i love the finish actually but that finish shouldn't be available on an Epiphone LP Standard (it should be available only in Ebony). So if I'm right this should be a EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD PLAIN - TOP

So please just tell me if I'm wrong or right, since I'm not going to buy a new guitar for at least a year and I don't want to call the store just to waste their time.

Thanks

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I can't see the video but I'm pretty sure huneyburst is available in the plain and plus tops. There both Standards though.
Yes, but there are 3 Epiphone standards:
-Epiphone LP Standard
-Epiphone LP Standard Plain-Top
-Epiphone LP Standard Plus-Top

And the first one is only available in Ebony, yet that site offers a HoneyBurst LP Standard - not plus or plain top, simply standard :S. And never mind the video, its irelevant. Look at the picture bellow

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
I've got the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top and it is lovely. It plays great, it sounds great, and is nice and heavy like a Les Paul should be. I recommend Epi's Standard series guitars
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Lefty
-Epiphone Les Paul Special II Lefty, name's Sonny =)
-Danelectro CM-1 Metal Pedal
-Danelectro CC-1 Chorus Pedal

I've been playing since Summer '09
Do you maybe know if there are any other diffirences between the Plain-Top and the Plus-top beside the price and the finish?
Because I actuall like the plain-top honeyburst better than the Plus-Top one and don't want to pay more for nothing

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
The Epi LP Standard, Standard Plain Top, Standard Plus Top, Custom and Custom Plus are all, on a technical level, the exact same guitar. The only differences are their various finishes.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Hey if your looking for a les paul style guitar ide check out agile. They sound great and play as good as a gibson, and are really cheep. Check them out at rondomusic.com
Agile (or any guitar form an American site like rondomusic) aren't much use for someone from Slovenia...

Please people, pay attention to where other users are from. It really matters.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Epiphone's model line up and finish options weren't always what they are today. Standards used to be available in multiple colours. It's possible this guitar was manufactured before they realigned the standard line and added in "plain top" and "plus top" distinctions and has just been sitting on a stand at the store or in their stock room.
Took the words out of my mouth Since we're a small country, we don't exactly get offers to sell guitars from all over the world. Even the store MusicMax that is the exclusive Fender seller for a small part of Europe has about 10 selling models from Gibson or Epiphone

But I still really apriciate the help Stellrz13

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by MrFlibble
The Epi LP Standard, Standard Plain Top, Standard Plus Top, Custom and Custom Plus are all, on a technical level, the exact same guitar. The only differences are their various finishes.

Really? I hope so because it would make it a lot easyer for me. Some guys on YouTube (don't remember how I found the video) said that it has better pickups, better neck feel, better electronics and better tuning knobs.

But if the guitars are the same except for the finish its a done deal. And the strangest thing is that the guitar from the link costs 499 € and is I guess a Standard or Plain-Top and a Plus-Top from another stor costs 479 €

If it makes it easyer for you guys: 1 € = 1.2645 U.S. dollars
So about 25 dollars less for a supposedly better guitar.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
The only difference is the finish.

The only difference between the plain top and the plus top is that the plus top has a very thin, figured veneer over the carved top.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar