So whilst working I usually end up thinking what I'll spend my wage on, and after looking at some guitars I see others and think - oh maybe not I like this one too..

I can't decide - and also I think once I get it it won't fullfil me and I'll want to buy another I was previously GASing for.

Advices plx?

i.e. I was looking for something less heavy and kinda versatile..

First I was thinking epi sheriton, but then changed to epi wildkat, then a peerless gigmaster custom and now I fancy a parker p44 - what to do?

cheers

HELLO!

Try the ones you like out in the shop so you can feel how heavy/light or comfortable they are for your playing style. You'll also notice if there are quality or consistency issues that way.
You need to go thru the attributes of guitars and check off the ones you want. Then you can narrow down your search by discarding the ones that don't match.
Too many people fixate on the look of the guitar without understanding its design and are eventually dissapointed with their choice.
Sounds like you don't know whether you want a solid body or hollow body. Do you know the difference?
What scale length do you prefer? Do you know what that means and what the different fingerboard radiuses are and their effect on playing?
Do you like maple or rosewood or ebony fingerboards?
Set neck, bolt-on or neck thru design?
Do you like a fixed bridge or tremolo, if tremolo, do you like FR or Strat style.
What pickup sound do you like best SC, P90 or HB?
22 or 24 fret neck?
Need easy high access?

If you can't answer these questions then I submit you either haven't played enough or done enough research to understand these crucial characteristics.
Not knowing increases your chances of buying a guitar you will not be comforatble with and end up not liking and having to sell later on.

Poeple here can give opinions on relative quality of an instrument but they can't tell you what guitar suits you. Try not to get drawn into the "certain guitar for certain genre" crap you'll encounter, may guitars are capable of playing many different styles.
Moving on.....
that's not always applicable but I will give that a shot..

any more advices??!??

HELLO!

Quote by JamesLPs
that's not always applicable but I will give that a shot..

any more advices??!??

The ones you are interested in, find out as much as you possibly can about them. The more you find out the more/less you could be interested. Try them out and see how they feel to you.

Another thing to consider is, is the guitar suited for what you plan on playing with it? Will you be able to achieve the tones you want with it and your current amp?
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
I know plenty about guitars - infact I probably spend more time inspecting modding and changing my guitars more than I should but its just its as though so many different guitars would be good for me..

in answer to your q's..

well yeah a solid body is made of a majority of wood (excluding cavities etc.) whereas a hollow body is chambered, giving more of an acoustic tone and providing better for softer genres..

I often go for 25.5 (standard i believe) scale lenght, and only a slightly radiused board..

when it comes to fb i'd say rosewood and I like neck-throughs but there not always applicable at my price range so usually it's a set neck.. better sustain and such.

I like having a trem - and if I was to get a hollow i'd want a bigsby, if it was a solid body however i'd be after a FR.

I was hoping to find something which H/S/H - i.e. ibanez style but I'm not opposed to p90s..

I don't care much for high notes - 22+ and don't need amazing access..

It's not about finding my perfect guitar..

it's about deciding out of the choices i've already thought would be good, i'm not after a sound really i've just been told that all those i said would be versatile enough

HELLO!

Quote by offthewall91
The ones you are interested in, find out as much as you possibly can about them. The more you find out the more/less you could be interested. Try them out and see how they feel to you.

Another thing to consider is, is the guitar suited for what you plan on playing with it? Will you be able to achieve the tones you want with it and your current amp?

the getting info sounds good, i often read reviews they can come in handy - and I don't really like to play songs, I like to learn different styles and such to learn about music as a whole and have some fun (bedroom musicians ftw)

HELLO!

Quote by obeythepenguin
Erm, not really. A solid body's a slab of wood, chambered or otherwise. A hollow body's basically an archtop acoustic with electronics screwed into the top (or attached to the pickguard). A semi-hollow's about the same, except usually thinner and with a block of wood down the center to cut feedback; kind of a compromise between the two.

And hollowbodies are for "softer genres"? Tell it to Ted Nugent or Steve Howe. They're typically associated with jazz, partially for historical reasons and partially for their generally mellower sound. But you'll also find them a lot in blues, rockabilly -- especially Gretsch -- sometimes even hard rock. It's true certain guitars are more popular for certain styles than others, but you can play anything on any instrument.

Now, my rule with buying guitars is, I don't buy on impulse -- at least not right away. I'll have a vague idea of what I want (a 12-string, a bass, a hollowbody), and I'll take any chance I can to check out music stores and play whatever they have, but I won't buy anything unless it immediately grabs me from the moment I pick it up. At that point, I'll work out all the details on the spot and splurge.

It took me about a year and three or four different stores to find each of my current guitars, and at times it certainly tried my patience. But it was well worth it in the end. It gave me ample opportunity to try everything, figure out exactly what I liked and didn't like, and ultimately I ended up with exactly the instrument I wanted. Much better than spending money just for the sake of spending, IMHO.

Dude, calm down, I'm sorry for not being a hollow body master..

however after the first two paragraphs that was actually very helpful, i'm gunna go to my music store on payday

HELLO!