Page 1 of 2
I had a look in a thread called

'' ordering metal on the internet ''

And a lot of people were talking about these sites called '' distros ''
sorry if there is already a thread or something for this, but i just wanted to clear my question up, is a distro some kind of site to buy cd's off of?
why the specific name
^ I was looking for something explaining its purposes and any other pieces of information, how it works and stuff like that, not what is distro abbreviation for
A distro is a company that distributes the merchandise. It's a source for independent publishing. Like, labels can release stuff through distros. It's just a way for stuff to get out and get scattered.

It's not necessarily a site as in a website, it can be a shop that you can walk into or whatever.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Last edited by The Wildchild at Jul 10, 2010,
^ thanks, that's what i meant

hold on, so do bands get in touch with the distros or labels
Last edited by Visceral_Grind at Jul 10, 2010,
hey, my brother told me about that band, it's really nice to see another person who hasn't forgotten Jon and his band

good on you man,
Quote by The Wildchild
coughShredheadcough

thankyou, your answer was what i wanted to know,

Quote by andyscoot
I can tell you're new.

hey there andy, i only just joined this site a couple days ago
you guys have a lot of good sub forums and threads here, i'm really glad i found out about this site hopefully i'll get to meet some nice, intelligent people to talk about the arts with in here
^ well with good reason! my older brother gave me a couple of his cd's to have a listen to, because he said it would be nice if i branched out in my musical tastes a bit, rather than just listening to a lot of similar music all of the time
I think Dissection has brought a bit of a progressive element into my musical life and a lot of melody, if that is that is the word that i am thinking of

also andy, if you could maybe point me in the direction of some more melodic bands like Dissection and Dimmu Borgir, i would really appreciate that, if not, i'll go back to browsing through this thread called '' the metal recommendation thread ''
thanks a lot for the positive conversation andy

oh sorry, this entire comment was aimed at the user '' andyscoot '', who posted a bit above you wildchild,

also, webbeteji, there is this really cool site called '' youtube '' that you can use to search up pretty much anything in the world, i'm sure youtube has atleast a couple thousand users registered to it, i'll see if i can link you a couple songs by Dissection that i like, maybe you'll like them too?

Mistress Of The Bleeding Sorrow
Thorns Of Crimson Death

Webeteji, i can link you some more if you like, so feel free to ask me, i hope you enjoy these songs
Last edited by Visceral_Grind at Jul 10, 2010,
^Ask in there
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
What did he get banned for? Did he get a tattoo of Jon on his dick and post a picture?
Yeah, something like that I think. Couldn't be unseen.

no, I don't know why he got banned
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Quote by webbtje
I've decided I like you.

I think he's making fun of you
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
does that mean we can be friends? i have browsed through some of the threads here over the last couple nights, and i think there are some really nice and genuine people here, i really appreciate you saying that
Quote by Visceral_Grind

also, webbeteji, there is this really cool site called '' youtube '' that you can use to search up pretty much anything in the world

I must know more about this "youtube"
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
yeah it's a really good site wildchild, they have some videos on some cool bands like Azarath and Nominion, i don't know if you have heard of them or not but they play some darn hard rock and roll! and then the youtube has more well known stuff like eric clapton and ac dc, but you probably know about them already, but check it out, it's got a lot of cool stuff on it

oh, i'm sorry to hear that andy,

i'm going to go watch a video on the youtube
Quote by Visceral_Grind
yeah it's a really good site wildchild, they have some videos on some cool bands like Azarath and Nominion, i don't know if you have heard of them or not but they play some darn hard rock and roll! and then the youtube has more well known stuff like eric clapton and ac dc, but you probably know about them already, but check it out, it's got a lot of cool stuff on it

Not sure if serious.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Quote by Visceral_Grind

oh, i'm sorry to hear that andy,

i'm going to go watch a video on the youtube

Hey you said rock n roll! All I got was a bunch of noise and some scary monster sounds!
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Quote by andyscoot
Guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL2m3lAD4U4

A compilation of silly accidents. Holy shit. My mind is blown. This youtube is awesome!

Yeah! i know right man? it has a lot of funny and really cool videos on there! you'll probably find a lot more that you like if you look hard enough!

Quote by The Wildchild

Hey you said rock n roll! All I got was a bunch of noise and some scary monster sounds!

are you sure you clicked on the right video???? remember, Nominion or Azarath
you can highlight those words and copy them into your youtube search bar to look for them, you probably got some silly corecore band or something, if you need help copying and pasting words with your computer i can help you out

i found out about all this cool stuff because i just moved in with my brother a couple days ago, he has internet and told me about this site and the youtube
Corecore

This dudes awesome.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
I saw an "Azarath" video. How could you listen to this? It's so evil and stuff!

lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
that's what my mum said! she was raised catholic but she said i didn't have to follow any of that kind of stuff, so if i wanted to listen to rock and roll she'd still love me the same
a lot of my friends listen to corecore music and some hip hop, but i wanted to listen to rock and roll and then i found out about this kind of music called grindcore! and then my brother who plays guitar, gave me his first guitar and gave me some cd's for me to listen to, so i've just been listening to those for a couple days and he's been showing me these things called
'' rock chords '' which a lot of rock and roll is based around
he used to use this site but now he doesn't really use this site, so he said i might find some nice people to talk to about rock and roll on and here, and i really like it here!

sorry for the long post, i'm just waiting for my brother to get back, he went to go get the mail, because some more rock and roll cd's should be here tonight i'll tell you the names of the cd's if you guys want , my brother brought them for me because i didn't get the 10$ my mom promised me for my birthday, but that's all right, i still got a mudcake worth 5$ for my birthday, which was awesome!

i think my brothers coming!
Dude, you're like the coolest dude on here.

Quote by Visceral_Grind

i think my brothers coming!

lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
wow, my brother just gave me some really cool cd's! these covers are really really cool!
i'll see if i can read the names

mayhem - deathcrush
nocturnus - the key
mumakil - behold the failure
hate eternal - i monarch
dark funeral - atteras totorus sancttus
cannibal corpse - eviecrations plag
nile - in those dark shrins
incantation - on to those golgoths cd dvd reishoe

wow i really can't believe this, i can't wait to listen to all of this music haha has anyone else heard this music? i bet i can find some for you guys on the youtube!
Cannibal Corpse?! I heard they ate some dude's brains and sold his skull to other bands! You're sick man! Sick.

The devil's music I tell you!
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Page 1 of 2