I've had 3 guitars, none of them ever stayed in tune for more than 4 songs.

I can't afford another guitar for a long time, but I would like to know which guitars actually stay in tune.
When you're tuning do you always tune up to a note? As in, if you're a little sharp do you tune below the target note, then tighten up until it's where you want it?
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
most well set up guitars stay in tune.

also, are you doing a shitton of bends or divebombs?
Just about any guitar will stay in tune as long as you set it up properly. It depends largely on how you wind the strings around the post whenever you string the instrument. There are also instruments with locking tuners, but that will cost more money, and you can learn how to properly string them yourself. There is a guide on how to properly string your guitar in the electric guitar forum here on UG.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
It doesn't go horribly out of tune for a while, but it goes enough out of tune for me to hear the difference, and it is really annoying.

I do a moderate amount of bends, rarely do I divebomb and I often ignore the whammy bar unless I am playing a song with it.
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
When you're tuning do you always tune up to a note? As in, if you're a little sharp do you tune below the target note, then tighten up until it's where you want it?

i had the same problem until i started doing this
DO THIS ALWAYS
Quote by ProtestPirate
i had the same problem until i started doing this
DO THIS ALWAYS

Could you explain tightening up a little better? I feel like I know what it is, but I'm fairly new to guitar (about a year) and I rarely work on the instrument so I don't know what that is.
the new guitars that have the self-tuning bridge stay in tune, but i dont know if there out yet. btw it sounds like u need new strings.
JOE DYE
1. with the guitar you are probably using, you'll want the bridge to be flush against the body.
adjust the trem springs. add more if needed.

2. lube all string contact points. at the saddle, at the nut cuts...

3. fresh strings, strung up correctly. 2-3 wraps around the tuner.

4. if you still find your tuners just arent doing the job, then invest in locking tuners.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Akao
Could you explain tightening up a little better? I feel like I know what it is, but I'm fairly new to guitar (about a year) and I rarely work on the instrument so I don't know what that is.

basically always tune up to the desired note, going from flat to dead on. Not down from sharp to dead on.

and what jj1565 said.
well, for me it really depends on what strings i have installed on my guitar.currently i have daddarios and they never stay in tune.if i'm touching the bar i must retune it.but when i have EB's installed on my guitar it stays in tune for days.
The licensed Floyd Rose on my Jackson DKMG stay in tune for a very long time,

I use EB .10's and I haven't touched the tuning for 2 weeks and it's still in perfect tune. I play the Jackson nearly every day and it gets transported a lot between band practices and the like.

Good string care and frequent replacement of the strings will help you stay in tune for longer. Also as mentioned good setup of the bridge and tuning pegs will also help

Hope that helps,

Adam.