hey UG

as of now I have been playing a boss MT-2 through a Mesa Boogie Maverick and although I would agree with many people who say the pedal is crap, when played through this amp, you can get some great thrash distortion. My problem is though, that I want to give my tone more balls, if you know what I mean, and although this pedal has worked for me so far, I would like to know if there is some pedal I could buy to boost it or if there another pedal I should be looking out for. Price is no issue as long as it can deliver great distortion like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i38m-xGX7io (his tone is from hell)
You may want to check out the Keeley mods for the Boss MT-2. You send you MT-s to Keeley and the mod it for you or you may be able to buy the kit and do it yourself, if your handy with a soldering iron.

The youtube vids sound pretty good, for a video recording.
If you're only playing thrash, buy a new amp.

Straight from Mesa website:

Build two different vintage amps into one convenient package...and call it Maverick, the perfect choice for the roots-style player who needs two sounds.

Two vintage amps for roots style lolz

Unless you want to buy a Barber Dirty Bomb or maybe a Rocktron Zombie or something but then whats the point of having a nice amp?
Quote by Tedward
If you're only playing thrash, buy a new amp.

Straight from Mesa website:

Two vintage amps for roots style lolz

Unless you want to buy a Barber Dirty Bomb or maybe a Rocktron Zombie or something but then whats the point of having a nice amp?

that's the thing though, I play everything from peter frampton to death and although I want good distortion, metal is only a fraction of what I play so I basically have an amp with a great clean sound and I add pedals when I feel like playing something different, besides I'm heading off to college soon and I can't carry around an extra head
Chuck's tone isn't very ballsy. The thing is, he plays in a band and has a bass player for the bottom end chunkiness.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!