Does anybody know why iTunes likes to take certain songs from albums, detach them from the other songs on the album, and put them under a separate album that has the EXACT album information as the original album? More importantly, does anybody know how to fix this? I'm borderline OCD about the organization of the songs in my iTunes and it's driving me effing crazy.
You'll find out...
Typo in the artist's name?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Composer is different
Contributing artist is different
A track features a guest artist

These are all reason iTunes splits albums into different subdivisions.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by DirtyMakik
Typo in the artist's name?
Nope. The artist and album are spelled exactly the same. The number of tracks on the album are exactly the same. It makes no sense.
You'll find out...
Never mind. I just found a way to fix it. It still doesn't make sense, though.
You'll find out...
Quote by ZVengeance7X
Never mind. I just found a way to fix it. It still doesn't make sense, though.

Please share.
check this is what you do, highlight all the songs on the album including the detached one (holding CTRL) and then right click and click on "Get Info" then click the "info" tab and re-write all the correct info and they should all be grouped together again.
Quote by maggot9779
I get this too. Usually I just edit the info but sometimes it doesn't work.
Delete the album name of the isolated track and press enter so that the album name is blank. Then go to that track and begin to type the album name again until it shows up on its own and press enter again.
You'll find out...
You may have a space put after the artist or album, I've had that a few times. If it's that annoying, Ctrl-A EVERYTHING and rewrite it all yourself.
Quote by maggot9779
I do that and it sometimes doesn't work.
Make sure you press enter after you delete the album name. Its official name needs to be blank in order for the change to take effect.
You'll find out...
yea i'm confused with also. My iTunes always does this with the first track of any CD i import. It's quite annoying
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Make sure the disk numbers in the song information are all the same. This happened to me before and it turned out that some songs had blank info for the disk number and others said "1" for the disc number.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Vintage Mahagony - Cherry
Homemade EVH Black&White Frankenstrat
Marshall Vintage Modern 2466
Marshall 425B cab
EVH phase 90 + 117 Flanger, Dunlop Hendrix Fuzz Face + Crybaby 535Q, Boss DD-20, Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Nevermind, when I had them all selected and changed them it didn't make a difference so I had to do them all individually.
Quote by rockfreak611
Make sure the disk numbers in the song information are all the same. This happened to me before and it turned out that some songs had blank info for the disk number and others said "1" for the disc number.
This can be the problem sometimes, too. But if EVERYTHING else matches up, then the method I suggested works. I just went through my entire library and fixed all of those anomalies.
You'll find out...