I'm trying to practice the intro/verse for She Wolf from Megadeth.

At first, the way I did it was D, D-U-D, D , D-U-D. Then I figured it's possibly better to play it D, U-D-U, D, U-D-U(100% alternate picking).

My question is, should I keep practicing the way I did it first, or should I switch that to 100% alternate picking. The reason I'm asking this is because on a rythmic level, I find it easier to "break" the alternate picking a bit(that applies to any such riffs). But economy-of-motionwise(lol), the latter would be the best.

Thanks!
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

most people that i've seen play those kind of riffs use straight downpicking, it makes more rhythmic sense i think because the upstroke comes on the offbeat. playing it the second way may be more economical but it would also be very awkward.
Quote by cardsfan3
most people that i've seen play those kind of riffs use straight downpicking, it makes more rhythmic sense i think because the upstroke comes on the offbeat. playing it the second way may be more economical but it would also be very awkward.

Thanks, that's what I thought too. I tried playing pure alternate picking but it seems hard to have the rythm that goes with it.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.