Hi I'm looking for suggestions for a bass amp to buy.
I play metal and some influences are bands like cannibal corpse, slipknot, all that remains, black dahlia and job for a cowboy. I play in a band with a drummer and do gig a bit with them to so i need to heard with them. I am mainly interested in a dark tone that's powerful. My budget is 1200-1500$ canadian.

Thank you
Cannibal Corpse: Ampeg
Slipknot: Peavey
All that Remains: Ampeg
Black Dahlia: no idea
Job for a Cowboy: no idea

If you want a powerful dark tone I would recommend a tube amplifier and 15" speaker cabinets.
what would you call a dark tone?

but I knew this kid who was all into metal and alex webster was his favorite bassist, and he got himself an Eden amp and was incredibly impressed with that, not sure how much of him being impressed was himself just saying to himself how awesome his new amp was.

I'd also suggest a Mark Bass amp. I also think a Genz Benz might be able to get you what you want.

Go and try them out.

EDIT: Also, Check out Laney. might be a bit better on the wallet and would also get the job done super well.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Last edited by ZaccB at Jul 10, 2010,
Can you get Ashdowns outside of Britain? Brilliant amps, very cheap.

I'm going to assume by dark tone you mean a typical heavy metal tone. Scoop your high-mids and boost the highs and lows and throw in an overdrive pedal. Pretty much every decent brand will get you a good metal tone. Best thing to do is to go to a shop and try some out.

Which bass are you using?
sorry for the long time it took me to reply but i use a warwick vampyre, and yes im sorry for just saying dark tone and not actually describing it i meant a heavy metal bass tone
Quote by Big_K
sorry for the long time it took me to reply but i use a warwick vampyre, and yes im sorry for just saying dark tone and not actually describing it i meant a heavy metal bass tone

I think you'd have to go pretty far to find an amp that couldn't make a metal tone with a Vampyre

I would suggest an Ampeg valve amp, like the SVT series. Pretty much the 'staple' amp or rock/metal bassists. You can get great overdriven sounds too. Which model is all personal preference, although I doubt you can afford an SVT-classic on that budget.
For a cab I'd recommend either using a 15" and a 4x10" or get a 15" with tweeters so you can keep the high-end presence.
Warwick or Rockbass Vampyre? Because that would probably make a difference.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Spaz91
Cannibal Corpse: Ampeg
Slipknot: Peavey
All that Remains: Ampeg
Black Dahlia: no idea
Job for a Cowboy: no idea

If you want a powerful dark tone I would recommend a tube amplifier and 15" speaker cabinets.

black dahlia uses ampeg SVT cabs alas i dunno bout the heads wasnt paying all that much attention to the rig setups

not sure bout JFAC
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.