i want a body :
prs custom 24 shape
semi-hollow with contour heel+tummy cut
White Korina (Limba) + carved 1 piece quilt-maple 3-5a+++ top (look like 6a but for a normal price yo ? 1 piece not cut in middle)
no routing for pickup/bridge/neck pocket

it will combine l8r with a bocote/ebony neck and a black OFR.
any1 interested with experience on doing this plzzzz contact me with a private message 4 the details.
Not to crap on your specs but you and whoever you get to do this are gonna have a hard time tracking down a one piece quilted maple top with a consistent 3-5A figuring
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Be different. Try figured eucalyptus. That stuff looks awesome. You might want to email Courtney at 2018 customs and studio. I'm sure she can make you one.
Life is about taking risks, as long as the risks aren't too risky.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Not to crap on your specs but you and whoever you get to do this are gonna have a hard time tracking down a one piece quilted maple top with a consistent 3-5A figuring

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_necks,_wood/Electric_guitar:_Bodies/Top_Wood_for_Carved-top_Solidbody.html

You were saying? It's not that hard to find, it's just very, very expensive. Lumberyards get boards plenty wide, but most people use bookmatched tops, because it's a lot more cost efficient.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_necks,_wood/Electric_guitar:_Bodies/Top_Wood_for_Carved-top_Solidbody.html

You were saying? It's not that hard to find, it's just very, very expensive. Lumberyards get boards plenty wide, but most people use bookmatched tops, because it's a lot more cost efficient.

Well shut my mouth. I'll rephrase my point to say I don't think it's worth it then

Does that have a lot of figuring on it? Or is it just a board with some figuring which happens to be big enough for a one piece? I'm genuinely curious
Quote by fleajr_1412

Last edited by Dopey_Trout at Jul 10, 2010,
I just want to see the look on someone's face, when they get quoted $1200 for the body, instead of the $125 and some Milk Duds, that they were hoping for.

Perhaps...
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Well shut my mouth. I'll rephrase my point to say I don't think it's worth it then

Does that have a lot of figuring on it? Or is it just a board with some figuring which happens to be big enough for a one piece? I'm genuinely curious

Those that come from stewmac will have plenty of figuring. As far as what lumberyards carry, most of the boards that i find that wide usually have at least grade 3A through the whole board.
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
Those that come from stewmac will have plenty of figuring. As far as what lumberyards carry, most of the boards that i find that wide usually have at least grade 3A through the whole board.

Interesting. Might keep an eye out for some of that in the future
Quote by fleajr_1412

Quote by metalwarrior40
Look at the figuring on the wide board though, the bottom half has some nice stuff in the middle thats about it, the whole board is barely 3A, and for $180?

5A across the entire board is certainly possible, but if you buy it from any one selling it as figured wood you will pay through the ass for something like that.

Case in point...

This guys listings always crack me up, price started at $400 and that is no where near 5A, the figuring looks like ass to me, how you can expect to sell things for $400 with such crappy pictures is amazing

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quilted-Maple-Luthier-5A-Guitar-Body-24-x-14-x-2-1-8-/370238201533?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5633ea9ebd

This one is slightly better for a cool starting price of $500

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quilted-Maple-Luthier-5A-Lumber-24-x16-5-x-1-75-/250651331569?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3a5bfbcbf1

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
F.V. Finewoods on ebay people. Based in Canada. I'm sure if he isn't listing what you wand, he can look for it or cut it for you.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
yeah i really meant 3a looking as good as 5a ... i think stewmac will do perfect
Last edited by Rockstar24 at Jul 14, 2010,
still im in a hurry and i overestimated my budget so i change to this

prs custom 24 shape
semi-hollow with contour heel+tummy cut
White or Black Korina back + carved 1 piece maple top (any)
no routing for pickup/bridge/neck pocket
can some1 make me this ? i have no pm's so far ...
im in eu (greece)
Contact a local luthier. Google "luthier Greece". Its that simple. Also, the Gear Page has a lot of small builders that do odd jobs such as this, not bashing UG, I love this forum, but there is definitely someone on tgp that can build it.
Contact a local luthier. Google "luthier Greece". Its that simple. Also, the Gear Page has a lot of small builders that do odd jobs such as this, not bashing UG, I love this forum, but there is definitely someone on tgp that can build it.
To be perfectly frank, the shipping and customs cost alone will likely cost as much, if not more, than the cost of making it. You're much better off looking for a local luthier to do it.
Although actually, since it's just the body you want, without the cavities or anything, you might be able to get a carpenter to do it. It's just a simple 'cut and paste' job (Literally, all you have to do is cut and glue wood). Just provide the carpenter with a full-size template, and the dimensions of the wood required. It really shouldn't be too bad.
Hope that all makes sense, I can't really phrase it better without dragging this post to several paragraphs. :/
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me