Hey,

So I've got a MIM Classic 50's Strat. I'd like to build a guitar, really for the fun of it. I've done some research, looked around, and everything seems cool except for the neck. To build one from scratch, seems, difficult.

So my plan is to pretty much copy my Strat neck, get measurements etc and reproduce it.

But, I wouldn't want another Strat, so would this neck fit on other guitars? Or is it simpily a case of making the neck pocket right to fit the neck, if that makes sense?
Let me first say, building a neck is no where as near as hard as it seems. You just have to take proper measurements, and that's about it.

Will it fit other guitars? Yeah, if you route the neck pocket out to accept it (if your building your body). Dont forget to make sure you have the proper scale length as well.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Ah, I see.

So, the Strat neck would fit the body, if I make the pocket right, but then the scale length can be off.

Are there any guitars that use the Strat scale length?
Yea, there's tons. Strats use a 25.5" scale. If your building your body, you can simply measure it out for the bridge.

I suggest you get the starter pack from the essential links sticky, and start reading.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.