Hi, im thinking of getting a Jackson (A King V) or an ESP (In the shape of an LTD M). Im looking for something that has a little versatility and is great for solos and Thrash Metal. Do any of you have any reviews/ideas on these (Finding guitars isn't a strong point of mine)? My price range is anything up to £400 ($600). Thanks
Go for the jackson, it has sd's which are better than the emg's for thrash.
Quote by munky2089

agreed. SD's just have a "tone" to them that is excellent for solo'ing
Quote by munky2089

Uhh which Jackson King V has legit SDs for that price? There's the KVX10 with Duncan Designed buckers.

Although I agree the only versatile guitars are ones with passive pickups.

TS, are you interested in other brands? For your price range you should look into Schecter and Ibanez guitars as well.
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into Ibanez and Schecter as well, and yeah the KVX10 is the only one I can afford : /
You pretty much answered your own question. Get the KV!
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
would you be willing to go with the rhoads? the rr3 shouldn't be too much more than £400 if you're easy on the shape. if you're easy on whether or not it has a trem you'd probably have more options too (as cheaper floyds have a tendency to be, er, rubbish).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?