The title says it all. It's time for me to get a new guitar, so I'm stuck between a few guitars, I either want to come to UG to expand my options and hopefully get something decent or to just get what I'm already looking for.

I've predominantly been looking at the Fender Jaguar with intentions of getting a used one as they go for just over my budget used. If you're in possession of a Jag, I don't mind whether it's a HH/Classic Player or whatever, please drop a post down below or PM me.

As well as this, I've been pondering over the following; Epiphone Dot, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone Les Paul, Gibson Les Paul Studio (I could go over my budget if you've got a LP Studio for sale) and a few custom-made guitars which I wouldn't expect anyone to be in possession in. Once again, if you have any of the following, please give me details and upload pictures and I'll discuss it further.

Also, as I'm welcome to offers of other guitars you might have that you wanna get rid of, I'm not too fussed about the brand, as long as it sounds and plays efficiently, it's not a worry. Also, unless you have a Good Trader reputation, I'll only purchase a guitar if I can collect it (I'm in London, England).

Thanks!
A Gibson Melody maker is not bad for Alt rock and you can buy a dual pickup one new for £400, however you'll get more for your money if you buy second hand in 90% of cases. Best of luck anyway, just an idea mate
Quote by Radioheading
A Gibson Melody maker is not bad for Alt rock and you can buy a dual pickup one new for £400, however you'll get more for your money if you buy second hand in 90% of cases. Best of luck anyway, just an idea mate

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried a Melody Maker, they play and sound horrifically in my opinion. Under terms of LP's, you could probably find a Worn Gibson Les Paul Studio or an Epiphone LP Custom for the same value/or just slightly above and it sounds much better.
Quote by Rum Monkey
I might have a guitar that's up your street. Check my thread (links in the doobly doo) for pics and schtuff.

Yes, that Adam Black Apollo looks orgasmic quite frankly. I'll ponder over it and get back to you, I'll continue looking in case anything pops up, if it doesn't, I'm pretty interested in it.
Quote by Jardeh
I'll pass, I don't really like the idea of having just one Bridge Pickup, especially since I tend to use the Neck pickup frequently.

Just read through the actual thread thoroughly. If the pickup itself is good for both rhythm/lead, I'll consider it, but I like a variety in tones produced if you know what I mean.
Quote by Jardeh
Yes, that Adam Black Apollo looks orgasmic quite frankly. I'll ponder over it and get back to you, I'll continue looking in case anything pops up, if it doesn't, I'm pretty interested in it.

No problems buddy! Hit me up in the thread if you change your mind.