Page 1 of 2
I'm going to Houston a week from today and my flight leaves at like 5:30 AM. This means I'll have to leave my house at like 3 or 4 to get to the airport with plenty of time. Now, my sleeping pattern is all ****ed up so I'm thinking it'd be better to sleep in as last as possible the day before and stay up through the night and sleep when I'm in Houston, than to fall asleep at 1 or 2 at best to wake up an hour later. Either way, I'm going to be dragging. Do they actually work and help you stay alert and awake, to an extent?

TL;DR: Do energy shots work?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by joshua122593
Yes. You'll feel like shit after that 5 hours, though.

What if I take another?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by Twist of fate
Lol@youravatar

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by JayT44
What if I take another?

Then you'll never sleep

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Quote by Twist of fate
Lol@youravatar

I second this.

They do work, and I've never crashed after having one. Just avoid caffeine like the plague because you will not be able to sleep if you have it.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
*LOoks at TS's avatar* Um...Red Bull? Yeah, drink some Red Bull.

Personally, I'd just do what they did in the "old days". Drink some coffee. Or Mt. Dew works I've found. Of course, I don't tend to drag ass as much as I tend to just get less lucid. Your body's prolly not like that, so I doubt what works for me'll work for you.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
*LOoks at TS's avatar* Um...Red Bull? Yeah, drink some Red Bull.

Personally, I'd just do what they did in the "old days". Drink some coffee. Or Mt. Dew works I've found. Of course, I don't tend to drag ass as much as I tend to just get less lucid. Your body's prolly not like that, so I doubt what works for me'll work for you.

Red Bull doesn't work, neither does coffee, and Mt. Dew is much weaker than those and I drink that regularly.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by stratkat
sorta, I took 3 and took a nap 3 hours later, then again I drink 12 sodas a day

12 a day? Holy shit that is a badger load of soda!

I think the 5 hour energy drinks are ok. You don't get hyper and jittery, just feel a little more alert, and you won't crash when it wears off.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Yes, I used them to help study during finals. They don't work particularly well if you're very sleep deprived though.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
My guitarist and drummer tried them before two shows and both times they crashed after like an hour. It was all shitty
One called 5-Hour Energy works wonders. It didn't give me a boost of energy, but it sure made me go from tired and drowsy to awake and alert. What's great is that there was no crash afterward.
I dislike energy drinks and stuff like that, so I wouldn't know from any firsthand experience. A few of my friends have tried it and said it worked really well.
I think it depends how much of that stuff you can take, cause energy drinks don't affect me at all unless I drink 2 of them within one hour.

And just don't do what I did when I had a 5:45 flight, I couldn't sleep at all, so I said **** it and stayed up on Mountain Dew, and ate something small before I left, it upset my stomach so bad.
Quote by JayT44
What if I take another?

in another 5 hours you'll feel like more shit
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Yeah they work, I had one and despite the horrible taste it worked quite fine. I dug up 5 trees my size and well afterwords I felt like shit. I was a little freaked out after I finished drinking it, my arms turned all red and such. Turned out that's was just a side-effect due to the increase of blood flow, which it says on the bottle
Quote by sticksause
One called 5-Hour Energy works wonders. It didn't give me a boost of energy, but it sure made me go from tired and drowsy to awake and alert. What's great is that there was no crash afterward.

That's eactly what I need it to do. I have to change flights in Charlotte so it won't be good if I fall asleep in the terminal or something.

Thanks!
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Drink coffee like a real man.

Coffee doesn't have all the B group vitamins. But ya, Coffee FTW!
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Coffee doesn't have all the B group vitamins. But ya, Coffee FTW!

I've already stated that coffee doesn't do a thing for me.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Sounds like you need .

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by UntilISleep
Coffee is and always will be better than energy drinks.

Red Bull is way better than coffee at keeping me awake.
Quote by UntilISleep
Coffee is and always will be better than energy drinks.

Tastewise? Lol nah (at least not better than Red Bull or Full Throttle). Energy wise? Sure.

I'm talking about energy shots though.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
I hardly drink energy drinks because I don't get the energy boost or a crash so basically I'm having a bad tasting cola.

Edit: Actually I don't think caffeine does anything positive or negative to me
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
I don't know.
I tried one of those when they first came out, and it did nothing for me.
But I drank 5 monsters once, and I felt nothing. So I guess everyone is different.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
It'll depend person to person. Body size, metabolism, and your general tolerance for caffeine will all matter.

I've tried them once at the beginning of a shift at work, I don't recall it affecting me much. Didn't do much. You might as well give it a try.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
I drank three of them and one of those Cocaine drinks when they were around. Had something of a B-12 overload, crashed the fuck out two hours later.
Quote by stratkat
sorta, I took 3 and took a nap 3 hours later, then again I drink 12 sodas a day

This is nothing. Back in high school, I used to drink 100 cans of cola a week, right up until my third heart attack.
Page 1 of 2