Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
We won't be there to see them anyway.

DirtEdit:

Maximum Overdrive-style!
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Jul 10, 2010,
We'll be a year gone by then, so nothing to worry about
ohai little sig.
apparently civilization ends when our technology becomes useless.
Bummer...
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

yet another year the world will end. as humans we are just scaring ourselves. I bet this type of thing has happened many, many times before we had the means to detect them.
Quote by andrewjp123
yet another year the world will end. as humans we are just scaring ourselves. I bet this type of thing has happened many, many times before we had the means to detect them.

this
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Looks like the guys on the Avatar forums who want to turn Earth into Pandora and reconnect with nature will get what they want.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat. - Douglas Adams
Quote by shmikeyboy
I think civilisation can cope with that.

and haha so true. So...like katrina minus the deaths i guess?
its a conspiracy
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
This article is a month old and I haven't heard anything about it until now. Pretty sure if civilization was in imminent danger within the next three years the news would be everywhere immediately.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I didn't read the articles,

but if it just ruins satelites, we'll still have towers,

if it ruins that, then shielded technology.
Last edited by stratkat at Jul 10, 2010,
Quote by andrewjp123

Yea, but now we can detect it, the technology we use to detect it(and to tell each other about it) is just the sort of thing that will get f*cked right up by it.
Hey lets scaremonger
****tard scientists
Tell us the good stuff, seriously. Who wants to know that we're all gonna be up shit creek in 2013?
Someone post the "It's a conspiracy" pic, I'm too lazy.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Glenn Guitar
Hey lets scaremonger
****tard scientists
Tell us the good stuff, seriously. Who wants to know that we're all gonna be up shit creek in 2013?

What, are the scientists lyin' and gettin' you pissed?
Quote by MightyAl
Yea, but now we can detect it, the technology we use to detect it(and to tell each other about it) is just the sort of thing that will get f*cked right up by it.

ehh, it won't happen. Scientists always have these huge doomsday scenarios, but look at us. We're all alive and still on our computers.
Quote by andrewjp123
ehh, it won't happen. Scientists always have these huge doomsday scenarios, but look at us. We're all alive and still on our computers.

Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by damian_91

alright, if you want to feel like everything will be destroyed and believe the scaremongers, be my guest. I'm perfectly happy right now living without the fear that my world will be thrown upside down in a few years.
Meh, so my internet will crap out on that day, nothing new.
Como te
Quote by andrewjp123
alright, if you want to feel like everything will be destroyed and believe the scaremongers, be my guest. I'm perfectly happy right now living without the fear that my world will be thrown upside down in a few years.

There have been massive blackouts due to solar storms, read about things before talking about them, you might look like less of an ignorant.

Telegraph systems all over Europe and North America failed.[4] Telegraph pylons threw sparks and telegraph paper spontaneously caught fire. Some telegraph systems appeared to continue to send and receive messages despite having been disconnected from their power supplies.

From a solar storm in 1859.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Last edited by damian_91 at Jul 10, 2010,
"Here comes the sun, doo-be-doo-do"

God I laughed harder at that then I should've.

Honestly, I'm not to concerned. I can live without electronics for a while. I mean, it'll suck not being able to play guitar through an amp, or use the internet, but hell, I'll get over it.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Jul 10, 2010,
I like to think that places where important information is stored digitally, such as banks, have some sort of back-up. There's a lot of things that could disrupt electronics, and they need to be prepared for them.

Also, longwave radio FTW
Quote by MightyAl
What, are the scientists lyin' and gettin' you pissed?

I don't even want to talk to them anymore.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ The aeroplane
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ flies high, turns
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ left, looks right.
Quote by damian_91
There have been massive blackouts due to solar storms, read about things before talking about them, you might look like less of an ignorant.

From a solar storm in 1859.

it almost seems like you WANT it to happen.

So on that day i gotta unplug my electrical stuff? Shouldn't be too hard.

as far as facts go, i couldnt care less. Why would i read up on solar storms just to be scared shitless when 2013 comes around?
Quote by andrewjp123
it almost seems like you WANT it to happen.

So on that day i gotta unplug my electrical stuff? Shouldn't be too hard.

as far as facts go, i couldnt care less. Why would i read up on solar storms just to be scared shitless when 2013 comes around?

Quote by Pleasure2kill
Quote by qwaj
apparently civilization ends when our technology becomes useless.

Yes it does.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Am I the only one who's actually hoping that civilization turns into a post-apocalyptic wasteland filled with bandits and survivors?
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Last edited by Scutchington at Jul 10, 2010,
Quote by Scutchington
Am I the only one who's actually hoping that civilization turns into a post-apocalyptic wasteland filled with bandits?

As long as they're ass bandits, that'll be OK.
Quote by Scutchington
Am I the only one who's actually hoping that civilization turns into a post-apocalyptic wasteland filled with bandits?

It would surely be interesting. But I doubt it would be good.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat. - Douglas Adams
Quote by Scutchington
Am I the only one who's actually hoping that civilization turns into a post-apocalyptic wasteland filled with bandits and survivors?

What the fuck is wrong with you?
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
Quote by andrewjp123

Scientists hardly ever do that. It's always the religious nuts who are banging on about the end of the world and the 'end times'.
Page 1 of 2