im getting a ibanez gio gsr206 and i wanted to know what is a great death metal/deathcore bass amp to go along with it...not too expensive
How much is too expensive?

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
too expensive as in like 1000$ haha im looking for $500 and under
Last edited by commander574 at Jul 10, 2010,
Look for a used Peavey or Ashdown

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Acoustics are good.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
yeah acoustic seems to pick my interest aha. im looking into either acoustic b100 100w, peavy max 115 combo or kustom kb200h. because i need a amp good for home,band practice and small gigs
I recommend the 200w version of the B100 though since it can get through the mix when gigging.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
check craigslist bro...i scored a used Eden Nemesis NC320 for $500
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
the 200w version?? lol i thought 100w would be enough for gigs but okay. and haha i always get stuff used from craigslist or ebay
well for deathmetal you cant hear the bass in the first place so why bother getting an amp?
Quote by Alucard817
well for deathmetal you cant hear the bass in the first place so why bother getting an amp?

dont even go there with such an ignorant statement,
i'd recommend the acoustic b200.if going used you can use the money saved on new pedals.
Dick+strings= owww
Peavey is amazing. Acoustic is not bad either, but I would take a good Peavey over an acoustic ANY day.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
this astronomcial blazin caucasian speed achieved was somehow linked to surrendering
Quote by rasveer
dont even go there with such an ignorant statement,
i'd recommend the acoustic b200.if going used you can use the money saved on new pedals.

how is my statement ignorant? not only have i been listening to death metal since you were in diapers ive even known a few bassists in local death metal bands. one thing was always the norm in nearly every death metal band/album/song ive heard. you can almost never hear the bassist.
Quote by Alucard817
how is my statement ignorant? not only have i been listening to death metal since you were in diapers ive even known a few bassists in local death metal bands. one thing was always the norm in nearly every death metal band/album/song ive heard. you can almost never hear the bassist.

Being able to hear the bass doesn't mean it's not affecting the over-all sound. In music like Death Metal which is nothing but a wall of mushy mud, you're going to need something deep, to just add some bottom end to the sound. Which is why I'd recommend a cheap 1x15 combo rather than a 2x10. As for specific brands, most of your options have already been listed by previous posters.
Quote by Ziphoblat
Being able to hear the bass doesn't mean it's not affecting the over-all sound. In music like Death Metal which is nothing but a wall of mushy mud, you're going to need something deep, to just add some bottom end to the sound. Which is why I'd recommend a cheap 1x15 combo rather than a 2x10. As for specific brands, most of your options have already been listed by previous posters.

Wall of mushy mud? Ignoramus.

Nocturnal/ Deflorate - The Black Dahlia Murder
The Sound of Perserverance - Death
Even
Vile - Cannibal Corpse

How are these muddy?
Quote by mh.666
Wall of mushy mud? Ignoramus.

Nocturnal/ Deflorate - The Black Dahlia Murder
The Sound of Perserverance - Death
Even
Vile - Cannibal Corpse

How are these muddy?

Oh great, getting called an ignoramus for an unbiased (yet accurate) statement by a metal head. Blissful, eh?

They're fully mastered and produced tracks. The bass amp will mean diddly squat in a studio recording because it's probably not even been recorded.

We're talking live here. Drop tuned guitars + double bass drum wankery = mud. There's no two ways about it.
Having been to many metal shows, a lot of the live production is fantastic, and yes you can hear the bass. The Black Dahlia Murder, especially, have fantastic live sound.

Also, common studio practice is amp + DI blended.

Didn't mean to come across as a dick, just seemed like one of those metal = noise arguments. They irritate me.
Again, we're talking big bands playing in established venues with high quality equipment. Any established band is going to have a good quality live set-up.

But when we're talking on the sort of budget discussed in the OP, it's likely that the band's going to sound pretty muddy. Most bands will with low budget equipment that are using two guitars with distortion.

My band used to sound pretty muddy until we kicked out one of our guitarists, because you'd have both of them smashing away chords with distortion all the time (which as the bassist really pissed me off)... and we don't even play anything heavy.

In terms of recording bass in a studio environment, I wouldn't say the standard is to mic an amp. Lots of people record it, but it rarely sounds good enough to be used (speaking from experience). But that's a whole other discussion.
I like the blend of an amps growl with the cleaness of a DI, I find it helps the bass stand out more in the track and sound fuller. Each to their own though.

I know I'm talking about established bands here, but your statement seemed like a generalization to me. No hard feelings?