I was about to buy this LP studio but then the seller told me the neck has a crack along the side of the neck. Seems like an unusual spot.

He told me this:

the only thing i can find on the entire thing is the notorius gibson neck finish lines that all of there white guitars get... just along the fretboard on the bass side they get a small line in the clear but its harmless, ive never found a white gibson without one and you cant even see it in the pics its barely noticable in person aswell

well thats how i got it from showroom and i asked about it on a few forums people said all are like that and its completely harmless.
this guitar is exactly as from showroom like legit cleanest guitar ive ever owned

It seems like every time I go to buy a Gibson (used) there is something wrong with it! So I thought I would ask on the forum to see what everyone thinks. Also, the price for this alpine white gibson les paul studio with gold hardware is $1000
$1000 is not that great of a price, especially with that crack. Just keep shopping around for better deals. I got my SG Standard for $840 when they were still $1600+. I highly doubt all white Gibsons gets a crack on the neck. If this was common then Gibson would do something about it. Did you even play this guitar or did you find it online? In my opinion, paint chips on used guitars is ok...it happens but cracks on guitars is a big hell no to me.
I'm in Canada so these things seem to sell for a little bit more than they do in the US. I haven't played this guitar but we were going to meet up to buy it. When he told me about the crack that was the deciding factor.. just want to hear some opinions to hear if he is telling the truth. I don't see how this is a common problem
"it seems like every time I go to buy a Gibson (used) there is something wrong with it!"

lol thats what you get when you pay for a gibson. mediocre quality for a massive price tag.
Equipment:
ESP LTD EC-1000
Agile 727 Interceptor Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Marshall 1960A Cab
Peavey 6505+
Rack stuff

Whoop Whoop. Holla.
I know Gibson is over priced. I have owned all Fender guitars with humbuckers and single coils but I feel the need to try out a Gibson.
If your close to the US border can't you just find one on the border and bring it back over? Because I see those LP's going for about $850 here.

But as far as I know with those cracks is that You can get a professional job done with them, but they might just end up using some wood glue and clamps! But I know that I sure as hell wouldn't do it myself.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
haha yea dude i know the feeling, i've owned ALOT of guitars simply because i have wanted to try them all. Go for it man, keep shopping around. Ebay has always had pretty good deals on the studios around $7-850 for most.

and idk I just have a vendetta against the company for many a reason lol but whatever. give it a try anyway!
Equipment:
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez RG7321
Marshall 1960A Cab
Peavey 6505+
Rack stuff

Whoop Whoop. Holla.
I used to tell my friends I will never buy a Gibson because of how over priced they are, but I kinda changed my mind a bit and want to give one a try.

I'm about 50 mins from the Detroit border but I don't have a passport to get over it! I have tried asking people to meet me just over the border but most seem to not have a passport or aren't willing to come over the border. But I will definatly keep looking more over the border.

So, I know I've only gotten a few opinions, but what is the final verdict? The "common" neck crack of white gibsons is BS?
Quote by ChrisHolt92
Satin finish and chrome hardware.. That just screams CHEAP to me. Gold hardare FTW

ok,

would you rather pay more and get a USED guitar with a defect or would you spend less and get a brand new guitar?
Quote by archenemyfan
ok,

would you rather pay more and get a USED guitar with a defect or would you spend less and get a brand new guitar?

Your comparing apples to oranges.
Quote by ChrisHolt92
Your comparing apples to oranges.

no I'm not,the gibson you want has a fault...so its comparing a dull orange to a rotten apple with a worm in it

well IDK its up to you to decide...its not that serious but I wouldn't buy it if I were you
Your comparing the best and most expensive Gibson LP Studio to the cheapest Gibson LP Studio with cheaper finish and hardware.. They're not the same guitar.

I already told the guy there is no way I'm buying it for $1000. Just wondering if this crack is common like he says or is it BS
Actually, comparing a Gibson vs any other guitar (especially another Gibson) really is like comparing apples to oranges because no two Gibsons are the same, regardless of what their model name or spec sheet says.

OP: the seller's right, that is quite a common problem with white nitro finishes on guitar necks which feature a seperate neck stock and fretboard. White nitro finishes are very, very hard to take care of and stain, discolour and crack far quicker and more easily than any other finish, even other nitro finishes. Play the guitar and if you like how it feels, buy it; if you don't like how it feels, don't buy it. That simple. Whether you bought one already showing wear or not, any white nitro finish is going to crack and discolour pretty soon anyway so there's not much point worrying.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
chrisholt i pmed you.
Equipment:
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez RG7321
Marshall 1960A Cab
Peavey 6505+
Rack stuff

Whoop Whoop. Holla.
ITT: Gibson hate.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
re-sent it dude. looked through ebay for you and sent the link. found a nice looking alpine studio for $750 flat buy it now. has EMGs in it though so not sure if you would be interested.
-James
Equipment:
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez RG7321
Marshall 1960A Cab
Peavey 6505+
Rack stuff

Whoop Whoop. Holla.