I was offered an Epiphone Blackbird signature Nikki Sixx bass guitar and hardshell case for my MIM Fender precision bass.
First off my bass isn't even in that great of condition and this guys bass looks almost brand new.
But no tone knob on the Blackbird???
and also have any of you tried this one out? if so how is the tone although there is no tone knob.

Also value, what is worth more when it comes to $?
You really have to want a Nikki Sixx bass to go for one, as it is really one man's idea of the perfect bass. Mr. Sixx is a great many things, but he is definitely not a tone connoisseur. His philosophy is "The louder, the better!" Beyond that, almost anything goes. Nikki's Epiphone bass has no tone controls and a toggle switch that turns the bass on and off. I played one once and found the sound rather sterile. It had no character. Add to that the fact that this bass is at the low end of Epiphone's lineup and you are led to conclude that there isn't much to recommend. If you like black T-Birds, I'd go for the Epiphone Goth version that has a full set of tone and volume controls.

Stick with your P-bass unless your goal is to form a Motley Crue tribute band. The Nikki Sixx bass is truly a one-trick pony.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by bassplayer4444
I was offered an Epiphone Blackbird signature Nikki Sixx bass guitar and hardshell case for my MIM Fender precision bass.
First off my bass isn't even in that great of condition and this guys bass looks almost brand new.
But no tone knob on the Blackbird???
and also have any of you tried this one out? if so how is the tone although there is no tone knob.

Also value, what is worth more when it comes to $?

You MIM Precision is worth more, you could probably sell it and get a brand new Blackbird and a case.
I know opinion comes into it a lot but I really cannot imagine a production model bass that is worse than the Nikki Sixx Blackbird, you can get a hell of a lot better for a MIM Precision anyway.

Out of interest, what's wrong with the Precision?
aside from all the stuff stated above doesnt the blackbird have some neck dive to t?
Telecaster bass :
FINALLY PLAYABLE!
[x]body
[x]neck
[x]humbucker
[x]jazz pup
[x]split p pups
[x]hardware
[x]bridge
[x]pickguard
[ ]finish/paint
[x]wiring/electronics
Yes the blackbird has some neckdive and is rather toneless depending on the setup. On my markbass head and ashdown cabs it sounds beautiful, on my 15 watt practice amp its toneless. It has no tone knobs but with a good rig it sounds good. If you like nikki like me go for it and wait till you have a bigger rig or work with what you have, if you dont like Nikki then you propobly dont want the trouble of his bass.

The tone is rather bass heavy too so it makes it slightly more annoying trying to EQ. If you play rock/hard rock its great. It is not a versitile bass though. play it if you can and see how you like it then decide