Hi everyone thank you for taking the time to help me out.

Also sorry if this has been answered before.

Ok, i have a Peavey 6505+ Half stack. My problem is no matter what i do everytime i play something i get feedback. I'm in a Metalcore band and we play alot of start/sudden stop music (breakdowns whatever you want to call it).

The way i have my pedal board set up is this:

My guitar is going to the input of the noise gate and the output of the noise gate goes to the amp's input.

Through the effect loop ON THE NOISE GATE i have the send going to a Boss tuner, then to a BBE sonic stomp, then to a Maxon od808, then back to the return on the noise gate.

My question is, is it better to have the pedals go through the effects loop of my amp, will i get the same sound i am getting now with the maxon?

I use the maxon only for a boost of tone on my distortion channel, so tone is about 3 o'clock and the level is 12 o'clock and drive is all the way off.

Also i was thinking of adding a Ibanez wheeping demon wah, where should i put that?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Also the noise gate is the Boss ns-2 sorry if i forgot to mention that. Thanks.
Connect in this pattern:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/NS-2%20X-pattern/VH100R/ns2_x_connection.gif

Also, why are you using an OD pedal in the effects loop? Those usually go in front of the amp (wahs too).
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Sweet thank you.

I dunno i use it in the effects loop because everywhere i've read it says to put it in that way, and i've been playing it like that for years. But thank you i will try this and let you know how it turned out thanks again!
Feedback's one of the main reasons I didn't buy a 6505 when I was getting a new amp. My advice is just keep your distance from your amp while performing and make sure the channel volume isn't up to high.
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Quote by Phoenix Reborn
Feedback's one of the main reasons I didn't buy a 6505 when I was getting a new amp. My advice is just keep your distance from your amp while performing and make sure the channel volume isn't up to high.

Also make sure you're not using any more gain than necessary.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Take everything out of the NS-2's effects loop, connect your guitar to those first (except the Sonic Stomp, put it in the 6505's effects loop) and connect your stuff in the X pattern as someone linked above.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Xzizor
Peavey 6505+ Half stack.

Metalcore band

Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I don't has that bad of feedback problems and I play with the post gain up to like 2.5 or so during my band practice...

When i do a sudden stop i just mute my guitar w/ my hands and no problem. If I have time volume knob of course.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
problem might be that your OD is in the effects loop as other people are essentially getting at.
I had a really bad feedback problem with my first 5150.

Since then, I've owned a 6505+ and countless 5150 IIs and 5150s, and not a single one of them had problems with noise.

The first 5150 did have the stock tubes though, after I replaced them, the noise was all but gone.

P.S. The Overdrive goes in front of the amp. Whoever told you to put it in the effects loop is on crack.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 12, 2010,
Hey, thanks everyone for helping me out.

Ok i just got back from my practice space and i tested out everything you all told me to try.

First i tried simply taking the OD out of the noise gate effects loop and straight to the amp and it worked....for about 10 seconds. Then no matter what i did it had the same amount of feedback.

Next i tried this in combination with turning down the gain on my amp, my gain is only set to about 7 1/2 so i turned it down to 6 then 5 then to 7 again might not seem like much but to me it was...oh and this whole time my volume was at 2 1/2, i never go higher then this unless we are at a gig that doesn't have a pa then i only put it at 3. Anyway this didn't work to well either.

So finally i saved what i really wanted to try for last and that was the Noise X trick i guess you could say.

WOW i can't believe how different it is, it is no longer noisy from the hiss of the amp and no feedback from my pedals. It's crazy how awesome that setup works, it even improved my sound since i am sending the BBE through the effects loop on the Peavey.

I am honestly amazed at how well this worked out, i have a gig tomorrow night and i guess that will be the "ultimate test" you could say haha.

Anyway sorry for typing so much but i am really excited/happy about how this turned out

Thanks again for everyone who offered their help!
Stop playing shitcore. Problem solved!!!
Guitars:
Agile PS900 Blue Flame: SD Blackouts, TonePros TOM, Grover Locking Mini-Rotomatic Tuners.
Amps:
Peavey 5150 Head w/Bias Mod.
Peavey Bandit 112
Hope it all works out TS

311; out of curiosity, what Avatar is that? Is it the vintage, contemporary or traditional style?
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.