Currently, I'm a part of two, very different musical projects, one being a Punk band, and the other being more of a melodic, Jazz/Instrumental type thing. I've owned several combo amps, and I'd like to find a bargain price cabinet and a nice head that will allow me to have a nice, Hi-Gain channel, but not sacrificing a good clean channel in the process, preferably, the amp should have a few standard effects built in, Reverb is a must. Does this sound like any starter half-stacks, or am I Dreaming?
dreaming..price,quality,features.. you can only have two of them at a time

whats your price range? does it have to be new?
There hardly are any amp heads with built-in effects. Even reverb is kinda rare. And there is no such thing as a starter halfstack - there's cheap ones, and there's good ones. If you want a new one, you need at least $1000/1000€, used ones can be found from 600 and up, depending on the size of the cab and type of amp.

Could you be more specific about the tones you need for your jazzy instrumental stuff? Just the classic mellow jazz tone or some more?

We also need to know:
Location.
Budget.
New or used.
I'm afraid you're dreaming. A good halfstack with the capabilities you've listed is going to set you back more than a few bucks. On the bright side, there are a lot of good ones out there.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
i would look into used peavey and get whatever pedals you need.. peavy might not have the best tone but its a pretty neutral tone and you can use pedals to color it to your needs. also their amps are tough to kill
An Orange of some kind?

Perhaps a Tiny Terror?
My friend has one and can get some pretty mean distortion if pushed :]

*EDIT: Spelling*
for punkish you can't go wrong with a laney gh100l and the matching cab.
very cheap used.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Well. I live in Canada, all-together, I couldn't spend more than 2.5k. Tone wise, yeah I'm looking for something mellow for the jazz, nothing that'll stand out much as the guitar isn't the main focus of it.
well u have enough money that you can grab whatever.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
^What he said. With that amount of cash you can get anything.

Mesa Mark V is a good place to start when you want good cleans and good distortion in one setup. But well... if you look for used stuff, you can basically buy whatever with that budget.
We need more information on this jazz/instrumental project. Are you playing eastern jazz fusion? Maybe it's more like elevator jazz? Maybe you think your Satch?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
A few effects built in with reverb a must?

Axe-FX or Line 6 Vetta or a Vypyr Tube head.

If you don't necessarily want effects built in, look into ENGL, the Mesa Mark IV and V, Peavey 6534+, Splawn, Hiwatt, etc.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??