So I was wondering what would be a good camcorder(I'm having a loss on what else to call it) and program to get to edit the films? I thinking Adobe After Effects or Sony Vegas for the programs but I have no idea for the camcorder.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
shop around, i guess.

i've got a Sony DCR series and it works pretty well, really depends on how much you want to spend/how professional you want to appear.
I was thinking about the flip mino but a few people have said it looks grainy after you play it thru a tv
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
For actual camcorders, I like Canon. I think Sony is the best for the price, but Canon has a TON of models you can plug directly into a mixing board, and a lot of them are reasonably priced.

Also, look into the Canon T2i and 7D. They're actually DSLRs, but the video quality is astounding. The sensor is about 9 times the size of a camcorder sensor, so you get 9 times more information. The only downside to those is manual zoom and focus, and the videos are 3 mb/second, so you need a REALLY high-end memory card to keep up. If you don't need to do any clips longer than 5 minutes or so though, the T2i is guaranteed to be the best quality video for the price, assuming you're willing to practice and use a tripod.
The flips have a tiny sensor, which is why they're cheap. The larger/smaller the sensor, the better/worse it looks enlarged. On a computer monitor, almost everything is good though.
If you want a proper camcorder, I'm selling a Canon MV901 Mini-DV one cheap cos I don't use it. It's DVD-quality and barely used - probably less than 20 hours. PM me if you're interested; I have a thread in the Gear Ads on it.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Hai Guise

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
As per software for film editing, for windows I certainly recommend Adobe Premiere. It's almost a "standard" to most edit suites running off windows and certainly that was the program I learnt my skillz.

Regarding a Camcorder, do you have a budget at all? Also do you have a preference on what type of "disk" you'd like to use to film with? E.g. recording to tapes, a harddrive, flash disks.

E-Married to Funny_Page
If you run Mac, Final Cut's the way to go. Incredible piece of software.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Alright guys I'll explain more. I'm going to be filming magic/mentalism with this. Like promos I guess. That why I can have videos on my website. I basically know nothing on the subject of camcorders and editing programs which kinda sucks.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
If you have windows (I presume!) then certainly Windows Movie Maker will be able to suffice your needs, on the other hand for a more indepth edit program Adobe Premiere is just fine, although it isn't as easy to use as WMM.

As far as camcorders go, set a budget for yourself, you don't need anything fancy and expensive but HD seems to be the standard at the moment so shop around and let your budget decide.
Going into photographer/electronics retailers that sell camcorders is certainly recommended, so you can talk to someone about it and get to know features and actually try one in your hands.

Remember you need to set aside a budget for accessories too, for example tapes to film to, a tripod and a nice bag for starters.

E-Married to Funny_Page
I've used Movie Maker before and I really don't care for it. Thanks for the info guys
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
Send me a PM if you want more info or any help

E-Married to Funny_Page
[quote="Chrisiphone]If you have windows (I presume!) then certainly Windows Movie Maker will be able to suffice your needs, on the other hand for a more indepth edit program Adobe Premiere is just fine, although it isn't as easy to use as WMM.

As far as camcorders go, set a budget for yourself, you don't need anything fancy and expensive but HD seems to be the standard at the moment so shop around and let your budget decide.
Going into photographer/electronics retailers that sell camcorders is certainly recommended, so you can talk to someone about it and get to know features and actually try one in your hands.

Remember you need to set aside a budget for accessories too, for example tapes to film to, a tripod and a nice bag for starters.

I was joking when I suggested WMM