Yeah.

So, I live in a fairly rural-y area.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=pays%20de%20gex&rlz=1B3GGGL_en-GBFR314FR314&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Public transport is poor, and, generally, so is pavement provision. But it's also fairly peaceful, and, AFAIK, fairly safe. I'm seventeen, live with my mam.

She forbids me to walk anywhere outside of a town. A friend of mine lives about 20 minutes up a hillymountainthing from the bus-stop, and I can never tell her I'm going to walk there from the bus. Generally, she has to find a way to give me a lift.

Generally, I wouldn't object, because, **** it, it's her time, you know? But she also does the same shit when I've already made plans with friends. Tomorrow, I was going to meet a mate at the bus-stop in one town, then walk on to a barbecue in another that's off the bus network. We'd then both walk back to his, sleep there, then come back to my town for rehearsal, to then walk on to another BBQ in yet another out-of-the-way town.

Instead, he has to lug his bass, and all the shit for the BBQ, to the busstop, where we'll pick him up. We then have to get my mum to pick us up at god knows what time at night, probably waking my sister to do so, since the 11-year old can't be left alone for half an hour. The next day, God knows how we'll get to the BBQ, probably have to get another lift off her.

So, tell me, people of the Pit. Am I unreasonable to be getting annoyed at this? It's frequent, too. Most of the time, she provides an alternative, though not always, but I'm perfectly happy to walk up the verge with my iPod - it's gorgeous weather right now, and all.

Poll incoming. Fuck. Poll not coming.
When I was your age my parents always told me to get the bus. They still do in fact... anyways, get a bicycle or something.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
My parents neglect me so I don't know.
The corners of your mouth feel dry and rather itchy, don't they?

(oh god, I just noticed this one) Your penis is never quite comfortable in its current position.

oh btw:
manual blinking activated
Yes. You live in the area I personally prefer to abduct teenagers from, so really you shouldn;t be walking around alone.
Daylight is actually my preferred time to work; kids aren't expecting it at all.
I think your mother's being unreasonable.

But is me saying that just me being a rebellious teenager who thinks that all adults are evil?

*philosoraptor.jpg*
Steal her tires.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Right, now to just wait a year till I'm about to move out and tell her this.
That does sound quite unusual and very unreasonable, generally by the age of 17, parents have realised that it's safe for you to walk somewhere on your own.

Then again, most young people I know would love to driven around everywhere, actually getting lifts at all is a foreign concept to a lot of my friends, so you should count yourself lucky in some regards, but I guess too much of a good thing is usually bad
I almost always walk, even from the town-centre home after the night buses stop, and I have already been beaten up and sent to hospital in a coma (admittedly, I was dead drunk at the time).

You're not a child, you can walk anywhere you like. **** her (not literally. I'm against incest).
The lifts are cool, I just don't like the fact that with the lift, instantly, comes intervention, and plan reshaping, even when the plan has been made with other people. So I have to change shit because Mummy said so.
Quote by gabcd86
The lifts are cool, I just don't like the fact that with the lift, instantly, comes intervention, and plan reshaping, even when the plan has been made with other people. So I have to change shit because Mummy said so.

Well I know this sounds wrong but, if you want her to stop forcing lifts on you, start making plans at unreasonable times and distances, if she has to pick you up late at night, for example, eventually she'll just not bother and tell you to walk, if not you'll save on taxi money, at least
Quote by Casketcreep

Calmly explain to her that you aren't a child.

^This. Honestly, if you cant trust your 17 year old to walk down the fucking street, you either put way too much trust in the news, or you haven't realized that your child is almost 18. Either way, you need to be bitch-slapped back into reality.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
You're old enough to make your own decisions. You should gently tell her she's being a wet blanket.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
It's a bit ridiculous considering that you also wouldn't be walking alone.

My parent's condition was that I didn't walk on my own (I think it still is tbh xD) but then again I'm female and I live in a more potentially dangerous place than yourself. (And I have seen my friends nearly be taken because they were walking too far ahead of the main group at night)

Sit down and talk to her about it.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Vornik
You're old enough to make your own decisions. You should gently tell her she's being a wet blanket.

This.
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

Peavey Tour series 450 Head + Peavey 410 TVX Cab
VOX ADVT15

Line 6: Guitarport
Get a pistol to carry with you at all times. The bigger the better. Then she'll think you'll be safe and you're free to go!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Just try talking to her.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I've driven through your area and I don't get why she wouldn't want you to walk out of town... Unless you get gang raped by cows or something I think you'll be cool.

I'd be pretty pissed, as long as you're being pissed you can't walk with your friend rather than being pissed that she's not giving you a lift.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by I.O.T.M
Just try talking to her.

This. Be calm and dont be aggressive. Show how its in her best interest to let you walk.

Otherwise, I think it's ridiculous. You should be able to walk wherever. My parents hated me driving and encouraged me to walk as far as possible...
As far as I can work out, it's because Swiss people can't drive, and there are very few pavements/street lights. Problem is, at 11PM, there are even fewer cars...

Quote by TheBurningFish

I've driven through your area and I don't get why she wouldn't want you to walk out of town... Unless you get gang raped by cows or something I think you'll be cool.

Ah yeah? Where were you headed/coming from? Did you stop anywhere?

In any case, next time it comes up, I'll have a word.
Quote by gabcd86
As far as I can work out, it's because Swiss people can't drive, and there are very few pavements/street lights. Problem is, at 11PM, there are even fewer cars...

Ah yeah? Where were you headed/coming from? Did you stop anywhere?

In any case, next time it comes up, I'll have a word.

Me and my dad went for a road trip through Europe. We flew to Italy, drove around, came up through France and into Geneva to visit my Great Uncle. We didn't really stop in that area, except when a herd of cows were being moved.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Umm.. Do it anyway?
Scale

The
Summit

Originally Posted by Guitarbaddie
Dude, she's like 12, what is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
You're the one who came on her face.

Is there a reason you're complaining about getting a drive from your mother at 17? You're lucky she gives enough of a shit to even want to drive you around. My parents made me take the bus or walk EVERYWHERE from 14 years old til i got my licence. You're not being a rebellious anything, you're just being ungrateful. Your mom loves you kid, humour her and let her do it til you get your licence.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TC i see no dam letter Y in that link to google maps what the deal you provide a useless link?

That link is useless you haven't given no where near enough info to where you live at.
Or I'm blind and stupid and overlooking the letter Y or your dumb and someone needs to bitch at you.

I dunno i looked around the Geneva area and i have no clue how you call that rural.

You need to come visit the ghetto parts of USA then you can say rural.

What i seen in Geneva looked like a tourist spot right out of Amsterdam red light district
and I'm willing to bet there isn't even guns where you live nor do any law enforcement use them lmao that ain't squat. Carry a knife and your set. Someone needs to take you to Compton in cali to show you what rural is. We have guns here so you will end up in a back alley trying to break change for someone and get mugged. What the hell is going to happen where you are a fist fight? Mugged with a knife? If people have guns there it be a different story but im willing to bet you just can't walk in to your local pawn shop and buy a handgun at age 21.
Last edited by needler420 at Jul 10, 2010,
I walk all over and I'm 17. Just tell her, calmly, like suggested before, that you'd like her to be a little less invasive.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I feel for you. I grew up on an island, which is like a rural area, except escape is even harder.

Anyway, **** the country till you are old. Move to the inner city and screw what everyone says about safety. Rural areas make you antisocial, have a tendency to make you tolerate country and western, and worst of all are suicidally boring. Get out of there as quick as you can, even at the expense of your poor mother's worrisome feelings.
...In my opinion.
Quote by Jackal58
Steal her tires.

man, from what i've seen, you always got good posts

anyways, im on your side TS. but before we start stealing tires, make sure to listen to her point of view. then explain that you are 17 and need to be independant.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Your moms crazy overprotective man. I've been biking / walking everywhere since I was 13 I'm 16 now and I'm allowed to bike from the city to a nearby town out in the country; it takes 45 minutes so it's a real bitch to bike so I try to bum a ride
Quote by Clunis
Your moms crazy overprotective man. I've been biking / walking everywhere since I was 13 I'm 16 now and I'm allowed to bike from the city to a nearby town out in the country; it takes 45 minutes so it's a real bitch to bike so I try to bum a ride

I hope you know those people you are getting a ride from if not your not making the wisest choices my friend. Not at your age.
Reminds of my mom who will make a fuss if I walk to a different neighborhood. Like from where I live there is a kmart that is about 15 minutes on foot and she considers that far. And I'm 17 also :/.
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
Try my world. I'm 23 and live on my own. My mother told me i shouldn't walk to the gas station after 5pm the other day, because it was dangerous....i do not live in a big city either. It has a mall....barely xD.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
Try my world. I'm 23 and live on my own. My mother told me i shouldn't walk to the gas station after 5pm the other day, because it was dangerous....i do not live in a big city either. It has a mall....barely xD.

Are mothers usually overprotective of their sons? I have been wondering this for a while.
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
I got the bus home for 7 miles then walked through the council estate to my house ever since I was 11. I think your mum is being way over protective.

Maybe it's just the public transport thing though, could you learn to drive and get your own car?