Hello, I have bought a Hartke 15 watt bass amp. I previously played guitar, and I haven't sold my Line 6 IV 15 yet, I also had a lot of instrument cables so I decided to mess around with them. I plugged my bass guitar into the input of my Line 6 amp and plugged an instrument cable into the output of the Line 6 amp and the other end into the input of the Hartke amp, the active part mainly because my bass guitar has active electronics, and sound gets through and I like it because I can use the Line 6 FBV MKII Floorboard pedal that can only connect to the Line 6 amp and use the distortion for the bass. will this harm my amps or my bass guitar? And it sounds a little off, so I want to get an effects pedal for the bass, which would you recommend? and I If it doesn't harm it I am still going to buy the effects pedal I just want to use something until i save up for a good effects pedal. I just want to know if this will harm any item.
Thank you, Sebastian
Your setup confuses me, but as long as the sound isn't actually coming out of the guitar amp's speakers, there probably won't be any damage done... it's just weird, which is probably why it sounds weird. o.O

But hey, what ever floats your boat. The bass amp's speakers are designed to handle bass. The guitar amp's speakers are not. So as long as no sound is coming out of the guitar amp's speakers, you technically should be alright.
Is the output on the line 6 before or after the power amp?

If it's before, I can't see any reason why it would damage anything.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
well I don't want to take any risks, so im just going to buy effects. would any of you use a multi effects pedal?
I do. I've got a Zoom B9.1ut and I have gigged with it.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think