I've got a 50s classic player reissue telecaster. But the thing is, soon I'm gonna be getting a Les Paul Traditional and to be honest the Tele doesn't compare, so I'm upgrading it a bit. First of all, new bridge pickup, can you suggest one that still has that nice crisp telecaster sound, but with more sustain and more balls, I don't really use the neck so I only need the bridge. Also, I want to get a whammy bar, but is there any where I wouldn't have to cut extra holes or anything to install it. Thanks in advance.
Dave
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
In re: to the bridge question, there's a certain whammy style bridge made for Teles and Strats that's a drop in replacement for their standard bridges called the Stetsbar Pro. It's fully locking, so it's gonna be able to handle abuse.

As for the pickups, no idea
cut it up. dont even let it be a tele anymore. make it an sg or something like that. im doing that with my friends tele right now. its gonna go from a sunburst tele, to a natural sg.
Guitars:
Greg Bennett Avion AV-3

Amps:
Fender Frontman 25r
Sundown 15w

Chain:
Guitar>Boss Distortion>Amp

Keepin' it simple!
But that'll make the tone thin, kill the sustain, and make it neck-heavy.

+1 to both the Stetsbar and either choice of pickups. You may also want to invest in locking tuners and a graphite nut if you're putting a whammy on.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
^ I couldn't care less. I'm working with an Affinity Squier Tele, so imma cut it up! lol, an sg with a tele neck headstock and hardware, it'll be the badass custom guitar from hell!
Guitars:
Greg Bennett Avion AV-3

Amps:
Fender Frontman 25r
Sundown 15w

Chain:
Guitar>Boss Distortion>Amp

Keepin' it simple!
EMG makes tele replacement pups, active. I've heard the lipstick size neck one and it was nice, the S is good too. Sounds pretty good in a tele, a lot quieter anyways, they ain't cheap though, I think about $70-80 each.