I see the UG Backing Track band, but where can I find some backing tracks of more extreme metal styles, like thrash, death, grind, etc? I'm trying to work on solos and such and just need something to practice to.
I would look on youtube?

Try the strings on fire backing track. I love that thing...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
you could also buy a loop station, you can make your own backing tracks with that thing
Quote by Dream Floyd
I would look on youtube?

Try the strings on fire backing track. I love that thing...

YouTube has some that are alright, but I don't have stable internet connection and don't get wifi in the practice room, so I need some tracks I can download and just play through a media player.

Loop stations are expensive and money is tight lately, but those pedals are a blast.
Quote by Dehumanize93
some tracks I can download and just play through a media player.

The strings on fire backing track.

Also, check out 'PetrucciFever''s chanel on youtube. He has tons of contests with backing tracks.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Compose one on GuitarPro. Works great if you know a little bit about tabs and standard notation (specifically the rhythm part)