Page 1 of 2
http://open.salon.com/blog/lawless_lawyer/2010/07/09/no_more_doma_the_end_of_the_anti-gay_movement

Yesterday, a federal district court in Boston, MA dealt a death blow to the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act. DOMA's Section 3 prohibits the federal government from recognizing marriages between people of the same sex, which affects matters such as federal taxes, Social Security benefits, and Medicaid. The court found Section 3 violates the Constitution's 10th Amendment protection of state rights and the 5th Amendment's guarantee of equal protection under the law...

The story is a good bit longer than that, and it's a great read.

HUZZAH!

He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Shit, God's gonna get pissed.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
So when are you and the lil man getting hitched?
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by maggot9779
Why do people have such a problem with gays? Why haven't we moved past that shit already?

No joke, rapists and pedophiles get a bad rap too, I mean, come on people, it's just the way they're born.

/endsarcasm
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Hooray!

Also inb4flamefest
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Shirate
No joke, rapists and pedophiles get a bad rap too, I mean, come on people, it's just the way they're born.

/endsarcasm

Are you suggesting that gays are comparable to rapists and paedophiles?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
im not sure that this is really a 'death blow', but it will lead to some interesting events in the near future.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Shirate

/endsarcasm

Are you sarcastic about yourself saying all gays, rapists, and pedos are the same, or are you sarcastic about something else?

Regardless of whether this man is an ass, cheers everyone! A victory for equal rights to everyone. I'm not gay, but gays getting married doesn't affect my life in any way, so I've never seen why they should be looked down upon.

Quote by Shirate

/endsarcasm

Wait, what? We aren't talking about them.....
Quote by Shirate

/endsarcasm

read this word very carefully
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by diofan88
read this word very carefully

Yeah I know but does that mean he's being sarcastic about... what? Eh? I mean... what?

Hooray!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Shirate

/endsarcasm

Quote by damian_91
Shit, God's gonna get pissed.

Go fuck yourselves.
Now if we can just get rid of these fucking homophobes.

Anyways
Scale

The
Summit

Originally Posted by Guitarbaddie
Dude, she's like 12, what is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
You're the one who came on her face.

Last edited by xMarkx at Jul 10, 2010,
Quote by xMarkx
Go fuck yourselves.
Now if we can just get rid of these fucking homophobes.

Anyways

The second quote was a joke...
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Shirate
/endsarcasm

end end sarcasm?? so, what does this mean?

On topic. Awesome! It's about time something like this happened.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by rockingamer2

:\

Oh.
Scale

The
Summit

Last edited by xMarkx at Jul 10, 2010,
Quote by xMarkx
Quote by rockingamer2

O.o Oh.

It was the most obvious joke in the world.

Off-topic: I'm listening to Glacial Planet as I post this
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
It was the most obvious joke in the world.

Off-topic: I'm listening to Glacial Planet as I post this

I are sometimes slow.
Scale

The
Summit

Quote by Spartan070sarge
Are you suggesting that gays are comparable to rapists and paedophiles?

He is suggesting that when homosexuals use the argument 'We can't help the way we are born, we shouldn't have to be repressed sexually', everyone turns around and goes 'Wow he's right, we're all terrible people for judging you'. Yet if a paedophile uses that argument no-one cares, and they are still ostracized from society.

Of course you have to factor in consensuality for the argument to be valid.
Good. I really dont even see the problem in letting gays marry in the first place. Why in the hell should the sexual preference of a couple interfere with their ability to be seen as a couple in the eyes of the government?

I mean, if your church/religion has a problem with it, dont let them marry in your church. Thats your choice, and the government has nothing to do with it because of a part of the First Amendment called "The Separation of Church and State", which happens to be painfully ignored by much of America.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Paedophiles aren't chastised if they don't act upon it. It's illegal and immoral to have sex with children, and generally disgusting. Find kids attractive all you want, just don't act upon it. Rapists have a choice. They are not born with the urge to rape.

Gays are something completely different. They are born with the natural instinct to be attracted to the same sex. It hurts no one. Paedophiles who have sex with kids hurt the kids, the parents and generally society.

They are not comparable.
Last edited by boreamor at Jul 10, 2010,
Quote by Casketcreep
He is suggesting that when homosexuals use the argument 'We can't help the way we are born, we shouldn't have to be repressed sexually', everyone turns around and goes 'Wow he's right, we're all terrible people for judging you'. Yet if a paedophile uses that argument no-one cares, and they are still ostracized from society.

Of course you have to factor in consensuality for the argument to be valid.

Not sure if this applies to all gay people but i wasn't "born" gay, as far as i know
Yes i was straight at one point in my life. But then something changed my interests, don't know what it was, but i then found myself not sexually attracted to girls anymore. And then i started to see guys differently, became sexually attracted to guys.

TL;DR Wasn't born gay, i was straight at one point. But now gay. And i don't use ^ that argument ^
Scale

The
Summit

Quote by boreamor
Paedophiles aren't chastised if they don't act upon it. It's illegal and immortal to have sex with children, and generally disgusting. Find kids attractive all you want, just don't act upon it. Rapists have a choice. They are not born with the urge to rape.

Gays are something completely different. They are born with the natural instinct to be attracted to the same sex. It hurts no one. Paedophiles who have sex with kids hurt the kids, the parents and generally society.

They are not comparable.

WTF??!! hopefully that was a typo.
Scale

The
Summit

Quote by boreamor
Paedophiles aren't chastised if they don't act upon it. It's illegal and immoral to have sex with children, and generally disgusting. Find kids attractive all you want, just don't act upon it. Rapists have a choice. They are not born with the urge to rape.

They are not comparable.

Seriously? You wouldn't treat someone differently if they came to you and said they found kids sexually attractive, but had no desire to do anything about it. You still wouldn't leave your children or younger siblings with them.

I'm neither defending paedophiles or condemning gays here, but sodomy used to be one of the worst crimes anyone could commit, and this was as much as 100 years ago. What we are now discussing is basically just contemporary viewpoints on how acceptable homosexuality is.

I'm sure there are countless parents who hold fundamentalist attitudes who were incredibly hurt when their children came out to them.

(Rapists I don't think have a part in this discussion at all.)
No. I'm not barbaric and I don't treat people differently if they're morally sound. Gays don't bother me, paedophiles who admit they will not do anything, people who are into sadism and masochism, etc. I may get uncomfortable around them, but I wouldn't treat them differently. Like I would treat someone who was retarded with the same human decency I'd treat someone who was "normal".
Quote by Casketcreep
You're being ridiculous now. I understand the point you are trying to make, but you're actually going to go as far as to say you would be friends with a paedophile because you are so open minded?

Who said anything about friends? I would treat them with human decency. I'd still be too uncomfortable around them.
Quote by boreamor
Who said anything about friends? I would treat them with human decency. I'd still be too uncomfortable around them.

But people are homophobes if they are uncomfortable around gays?

That's all I ever hear from people....
Quote by The_Clansman_

There are many differences as to what constitutes homophobia, but even if you're homophobic by that definition you can act decently to people. This is just, what? Paedophobia? Wouldn't that be a fear of the young or small? It's neither here nor there to be honest. What you said and what "paedophobia" means.

Quote by The_Clansman_

No, homophobes are people who despise and hate gay people. It's ok to be uncomfortable around gay people, its just that the person is not comfortable with something/somebody different than they are, or the mainstream thing.
Scale

The
Summit

Quote by xMarkx
:\

Oh.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Page 1 of 2