so guys, a have a gig soon, andthe power supply i use for my pedal is not working. this is because i took it once to my electronics class and some guy put a resistor in the output and the capacitor inside discharged. Since that day it hasn't worked, and i some other guy lent me his power supply. But he just came and asked for it because he needs it for his new band, so i need this fixed. How can i recharge the capacitor?
hello

n.n
Grab a 9volt battery. Find two lead cables made out of copper, connect one of the lead cable to the positive and one end to the negative. Open up your pedal and make sure you know the positive end and negative of the capacitor. With the end of the leads touch negative to negative and positive to positive.
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Last edited by EvoLancer211 at Jul 10, 2010,
Quote by EvoLancer211
Grab a 9volt battery. Find two lead cables made out of copper, connect one of the lead cable to the positive and one end to the negative. Open up your pedal and make sure you know the positive end and negative of the capacitor. With the end of the leads touch negative to negative and positive to positive.

ok, i'll try it, thanks
hello

n.n
a cap isnt like a battery, it doent just sit there and hold charge. it sounds like the guy did more than just discharge the cap. probably shorted something to ground.
Yeah... Just take out that resistor...?

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by forsaknazrael
why not just stab him and use what's in his wallet to buy a new power supply..?

+1

Take his wife, too.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
Quote by MonkeyLink07
Yeah... Just take out that resistor...?

This. A discharged cap isn't your problem, either something blew or you have a lose connection.

Quote by Mike-T93
Take his wife, too.

I call dibs on the first born, I need a portable beer holder.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
What I wanna know is why he put a random resistor in?

Quote by xstillspinninx
This. A discharged cap isn't your problem, either something blew or you have a lose connection.

I call dibs on the first born, I need a portable beer holder.

The guy most likely blew out a transistor or something of the sort because a capacitor will recharge right when the pedal is turned on.