I figured that most of us are Teenagers, so some of us will be at Uni.

What courses are you doing? Any interesting stories?

I start tomorrow. I'm studying Accounting, Management, Economics + Maths Statistics. Then next semester I've got 2 lots of Accounting, more Management, ICT and Law.

I'm studying to be a Chartered Accountant.

I'm so nervous =/

How about you guys?
RIP Tom Searle.
Don't be nervous. Are you moving out and stuff? That's the best part of going to uni if you ask me.

I'm in Communications and linguistics right now. Working on a paper currently. great 2àm fun.
The corners of your mouth feel dry and rather itchy, don't they?

(oh god, I just noticed this one) Your penis is never quite comfortable in its current position.

oh btw:
manual blinking activated
Good luck with it, you'll love it.

Going back to my third and final year of Web Design Honours, achieved a first in my second year, so chuffed
signature
im going into 3rd year mechanical engineering

class begins in september,

everyones nervous first day. dont fret it, the big thing is it WILL be a lot MORE studying then you are used to in high school.

if you have the correct mind frame that you want to get it done and graduate, you will

goodluck!
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I'm studying music.

I feel it kinda takes the fun out of it, but I've met some awesome people, and it has helped me better myself.
Medicine. It's all good.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
I just left school, but planning to go uni
but that's a long way away
No idea what I'll end up studying lol
Well, I'm a rising senior in high school, but I'm simultaneously a college student. I'm graduating from high school in December. I'm double majoring in English and Spanish (earning my teacher's license in both subjects).

EDIT: Also, I just finished a mini-semester at the University of Memphis. I lived in the dorm for several weeks with a roommate and everything. That time period was the most fun I've had in my entire life. Don't sweat it, TS. Living on your own (well, with a roommate, but you get the picture) is ridiculously fun and liberating.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at Jul 10, 2010,
Well, I'm studying Electrical Engineering. I plan to get a minor in music as well, then go on to do a Graduate Studies program and get my master's degree in Acoustic Engineering.

I wanna design and build sound spaces, or design and build amps and electronically based instruments. Maybe even both!

So naturally, my freshman first semester is chock full of science and math. Chemistry, Mechanical Physics, Calculus II, and such.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
Well, I'm studying Electrical Engineering. I plan to get a minor in music as well, then go on to do a Graduate Studies program and get my master's degree in Acoustic Engineering.

I wanna design and build sound spaces, or design and build amps and electronically based instruments. Maybe even both!

So naturally, my freshman first semester is chock full of science and math. Chemistry, Mechanical Physics, Calculus II, and such.

not sure where you are from, but if your curriculum is similar to ours in Canada, 2nd year is a lot harder then first year.

but physics 112 (2nd semester) is insanely hard.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
I've just graduated Cardiff University with a 2:2 in BEng Electronics and Communications Engineering. Currently hunting for jobs, funnily enough, there aren't many around.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by Arrived+Dparted

Me too, but at an American college.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by JimmyBanks6
not sure where you are from, but if your curriculum is similar to ours in Canada, 2nd year is a lot harder then first year.

but physics 112 (2nd semester) is insanely hard.

Is that Electricity and Magnetics? I've already taken both Mechanics and E&M in high school and did well on the AP exams for both, but I'm retaking them to get my bases completely covered. I study at the University of Illinois, by the way. Here, those two physics courses are both 200-level courses.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Awesome, I'm sure you'll have a great time!
I'm also entering my first year, going into chemical engineering.

I'm in an honors program, so I get some smaller classes.
My schedule is pretty much-
Calc II (Math 241)
Chem 201 & 202
Physics 111
English 202
Intro to engineering 101
Computer science 111
PE (have yet to be decided)

I know I'll be hitting the books hard, but I'm really excited.

It seems there are a lot of engineers here...sweet!
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Last edited by Psalm 150:4 at Jul 10, 2010,
Quote by Dream Floyd
Medicine. It's all good.

Hell yeah.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
In case someone's interested in what I'm taking:

STEP 101 - Class about the program I'm in basically.
UNIV 101 - Another easy class about how to thrive there.
Math 100C - Intermediate algebra, I can't go into pre-calc yet, they don't use ACT for that :/
DHC 140 - A psychology class about how trauma affects people's perception and memory.
CS 110 - A programming class, only one directly related to my major I'm taking.

I'm in the Honors College there and a special Science program, and they usually want to ease people in. Central Washington University btw.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I'm currently taking differential equations and my organic chemistry laboratory. Next quarter: physical chemistry, philosophy (elective), and an engineering based writing course.

Fun stuff!

Edit:
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Awesome, I'm sure you'll have a great time!
I'm also entering my first year, going into chemical engineering.

I'm in an honors program, so I get some smaller classes.
My schedule is pretty much-
Calc II (Math 241)
Chem 201 & 202
Physics 111
English 202
Intro to engineering 101
Computer science 101
PE (have yet to be decided)

I know I'll be hitting the books hard, but I'm really excited.

It seems there are a lot of engineers here...sweet!
ChemE, ftw!
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Poli Sci major.

Although most of freshman year was taken up satisfying core requirements. Good stuff starts this fall:

Microeconomics, Politics of the Global Economy, Modern Political Thought (Hobbes to Nietzsche), and Revolutions in Modern Philosophy (Hegel, Schopenhauer, Marx, Nietzsche etc.), plus German.

If current trends persist I'll transfer into the Philosphy, Politics, and Economics major at an Ivy whose name I won't be disclosing.
Last edited by blackflag49 at Jul 10, 2010,
Quote by mh.666
I'm studying music.

I feel it kinda takes the fun out of it, but I've met some awesome people, and it has helped me better myself.

i love it. i'm studying music, i found it opens a lot more creativity. although i have told people going into it its the most boring yet fascinating subject on earth
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by daft
Hell yeah.

It's funny though. Everyone who I tell I want to be a surgeon, they always say 'You know it's ten years of school, right?'. It's like no shit. And we still need someone to schlep their ass through med school or else you can't get yourself cut open.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
I'm going in semptember. So stoked. Finally getting out from under the thumb of my tyrraniacl authoritarian parents. I'll be studying computer science, hopefully with some sort of connection to music.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
My best friend started out with computer science but he loved bio so much he added it as a double major. So he can go into "bioinformatics" whatever the **** that is.
Quote by Got Guitar?
I'm currently taking differential equations and my organic chemistry laboratory. Next quarter: physical chemistry, philosophy (elective), and an engineering based writing course.

Fun stuff!

Edit:ChemE, ftw!

woo! what year are you?

Going to college is pretty fun. Some advice if you want to make the most out of your college experience... GET INVOLVED!! Try out clubs, intramural sports, and etc. Also check out some fraternities if you're interested at all. Greek life is stereotyped WAY too much. While some greek houses really suck others are fantastic and there a lot of quality people involved in greek life.

English major ftw
I am Jimmy. I have cracked the corn and nobody cares.
ChemE

Starting my tough classes this fall, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Reaction Engineering and Physical Chemistry.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by GuitarNinja12
ChemE

Starting my tough classes this fall, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Reaction Engineering and Physical Chemistry.

just did fluid mechanics I and thermodynamics I this past year, damn hard classes goodluck.

thermo and fluids II this year as well

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Starting at Southampton University (assuming I get the grades) studying Computer Science. Put it down for the BSci, but could move up to the MEng after the 2nd year if I feel like it. Current plan though is to do 3 years there, and then the one-year MSci Games Programming course in Hull.

I'm kind of nervous too, TS, but that's a hurdle I have a lot of time to face. Right now I'm just on shaky footing when it comes to getting the A in maths I need (had a really bad C4 exam).

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
I'm mad pumped for college in the fall. Infinite partying.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
woo! what year are you?
I'll be going into my third year in the autumn.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by Got Guitar?
I'll be going into my third year in the autumn.

Awesome
Nice sig, btw.

Going at the end of August. Not sure what I want to do. Either CNS or Digital Audio. Either way I'm very nervous about my concentration and focus on my classes but very excited to get away from home, the social aspect and the fast internet
FIGHT CLUB QUOTE OF THE WEEK: On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
I graduated from college in May. It was a lot of fun, learned tons, and learned how to be independent from my parents.

My tip is to do all your general requirements early. That way you get a nice exposure to a bunch of different things. I pretty much decided I was going to do chemistry right away when I started, and then I did and by the time I was a junior I really wished I had majored in something like econ instead after taking an intro econ course, but by them I had already committed to chem and was too far along to change it and still graduate on time.
Im at Otago University (New Zealand) and Im doing first year surveying, after the first year they cut the class size to 60, from 180. I only have 3 subjects this semester, Surv101, Surv102 and Im just taking an optional english paper cause i need a fill in paper.

Last semester went pretty well!, HEAPS of study as i was doing maths, english, compsci and business papers. passed all of them tho!

Stories... well not many, but we live in a typical scarfie flat, it is and absolute heaps of shit haha. and any stories you may have heard about Castle st are probably true, that place is rediculous.
I'm going to college to be a funeral director. I'm pretty nervous, but it's not for 2 years now. (I'm doing a 13th year of school) I do have a co-op working in a funeral home next semester so i should be okay.
I majored in Communications, then got a Masters in Public Relations, Public Affairs and Strategic marketing management.

I'm 23 and I make a lot of moolah. It's great.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I've just finished the first year of my Law Course, and I'm taking a gap year before my second year in order to work at The Celtic Manor Resort while the Ryder Cup is on, and to earn some money.
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF