It's because you have balls.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.

It's because you have balls.

hahhaha i kinda forgot to say yea some of its probably because im 14 but like my voice has changed for the most part actually obviously its not done i was told that its because im forcing the singing out of my throat or something
When you sing in the upper part of the range, think of yourself yawning or popping your ears and really focus on keeping your throat open (and I know you're 14, but try and keep your mind out of the gutter on that one). If it helps, imagine your breath coming straight out of the top of your head like it's attached to a string or the sound bouncing off of your hard palate.

no.
I have the same problem im 15 but my voice is pretty low already still cracks every once in a while i believe im either a baritone ,a tenor or something cause i can hit a Db2(I think well what ever the note is when you tune your guitar to Drop D flat.) pretty easy without much fry (my voice has a natural fry to it.) and highest note would be somewhere about an octave or two higher.(End of rant though it would help if someone could clear some of those statements up.)
i notice when i really follow my warm ups and do them really well i tend to crack less and be able to go a little higher.
FYI; If you have a natural fry it means you're at least partially frying the notes

Alright so theres basically only two things it could be:

1) You're 14/15, and even if YOU think you're voice is done changing, you're body is still working behind the scenes and I VERY HIGHLY DOUBT it's done at 14-15. Around 16 is where I would guess your final tone comes in.

Warm up your chords with some basic exercises before you sing and it should help your voice alot. Also, learn diaphragmatic breathing because I'm guessing that will help alot.

2) Your singing technique is so ****ing godawful bad that your voice is cracking under the strain of it. You hear this alot in Nirvana's live videos where his voice kinda does that squeak thing.

Hope it's not the second one
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Welcome to puberty.
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by Ghast
FYI; If you have a natural fry it means you're at least partially frying the notes

Alright so theres basically only two things it could be:

1) You're 14/15, and even if YOU think you're voice is done changing, you're body is still working behind the scenes and I VERY HIGHLY DOUBT it's done at 14-15. Around 16 is where I would guess your final tone comes in.

Warm up your chords with some basic exercises before you sing and it should help your voice alot. Also, learn diaphragmatic breathing because I'm guessing that will help alot.

2) Your singing technique is so ****ing godawful bad that your voice is cracking under the strain of it. You hear this alot in Nirvana's live videos where his voice kinda does that squeak thing.

Hope it's not the second one

I believe mine would be the second one cause i do find that i do tense up a lot
especially on high notes.
Learn to breath with your diaphragm (Youtube it) and practice singing loosened up. Just sing and if you find yourself tensed up stop, un-tense, and try again until your body's muscle memory gets the whole no-tension thing.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
My teacher taught me to always stay relaxed and imagine those high notes in my head whatever way it feels comfortable, like being in a lift and reaching certain levels, or reach up and pick stars off the sky... weird things like that.
yea i know that my singing technique isnt the really awful, i used to sing like that but now i never do
Well there is a possibility that you're in your passagio - the end of the full voice leading to falsetto. The notes in this area are notoriously hard to hit right. And passing that, the notes could not be in your range at all.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Puberty, plain and simple, I'm a low tenor because of it, so I like singing The Doors. But to truly answer your question, when you sing high, your larynx tightens, contracts to be narrower, you can't produce a solid note because your muscles are straining to be tight, but shudder and loosen. When singing low, your larynx is loose, and is wider, you'll feel that you simply can't go low whatsoever because your larynx can't stretch itself to a larger diameter, this is also why bigger men tend to be lower: They have bigger larynx's. Also, always try to sing in chest voice, you'll hear a much richer and fuller.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
Last edited by Bluesblitz at Jul 16, 2010,