Hello everyone, My guitar teacher told me I could get some Epiphone Tube amp or something like that for about $600, he says it's really good sounding for that price, I know he knows what he's talking about, but I want some more peoples opinions, The type of music I usually play is Maiden, Dio and stuff like that, so what other amps should I take a look at?
Ehh hard to say without knowing the model he's talking about. He could mean a Valve Junior, which is pretty popular around here (Especially with modders) but I wouldn't exactly call it versatile and I doubt it has the kind of gain you're looking for, but at that price I'd say he probably means the So Cal, which I haven't really heard anything about.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Last edited by GNR4EVER at Jul 10, 2010,
For that price the Peavey 5150/6505 is highly liked but i think that's more for heavier metal. For that classic rock sound, lots of people like JCM's and JVM's but i know nothing about them (I've only played on the JVM halfstack) I don't know if they come in a combo amap or if they are obtainable in that price range
Most of the Epiphone line of amps are low gain, Classic Rock type amps, definitely not for Dio or Maiden. A used Marshall JCM2000 DSL combo, a used Peavey 5150 combo or a Jet City JCA20 with a decent boost pedal should give you the tones you want.