Hello,
So I have been searching for a solid amp to use with a drummer and guitar player(and for practice of course) and was offered this:

Crate BT-350 w/ Fender 2x12 cab - all for $270

and

Line 6 LD150 - for $275

which seems like a better course? I play a 5-stringer, havent really heard much about the Crate other than its a tube head.
I'd go with the head/cab. Later on you can upgrade either the head or the cab separately.
no sig for joo
The Crate, I have the LD175 and it's not very reliable volume wise unless I sacrifice tone. PLus you can always "upgrade either the head or the cab seperately" instead of buying both at the same time to replace an amp you're not happy with. On top of that, cheap Line 6 amps sound "digital", almost as if the tone produced was coated in plastic and stamped with the words "non-authentic".
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
The Crate, I have the LD175 and it's not very reliable volume wise unless I sacrifice tone. PLus you can always "upgrade either the head or the cab seperately" instead of buying both at the same time to replace an amp you're not happy with. On top of that, cheap Line 6 amps sound "digital", almost as if the tone produced was coated in plastic and stamped with the words "non-authentic".

I agree wholeheartedly about the low-end Line 6 products. I think the head/cab seems the most reasonable since you can make the upgrade easily
Agreeing with mattehbassits here... if you get the head and cab, you can upgrade individually per needs in the future.
Equipment:
-Ibanez GIO
-Fender American Standard Strat HSS
-Acoustic Schneider Guitar
-ARIA STB-PB-DX Bass
-Vox VT50AD-XL
-Roland Cube-30 Bass
-Digitech RP-250
-Blue guitar pick
Proud Member of UG's 80's Rock Fan Club
The crate isn't a tube amp, it's a hybrid amp w/ a tube on the preamp section.

Don't buy either one because it's cheap, but buy it because it sounds good. Test the crap out of it(especially the Crate since it's an old amp) before you shell out the dough.