I am wondering if someone has a pretty decent fingering they can hook me up with for a movable diminished chord....I have problems with this particular chord when I play in key, its my weakness for sure. My friend had some cool fingering for it but I think he was confused on the name of the chord because it looked like this.

E-5
B-5
G-7
D-6
A-8
E-5

I'm not sure if that is exactly it or not, the D and G strings may have been switched around, but it was basically that....but im pretty sure he was calling it a diminished chord and it really wasn't...anyway, if someone could give me a comfortable fingering to try that'd be sweet, thanks.
E-x
B-x
G-x
D-7
A-6
E-5

E-6
B-5
G-6
D-5
A-x
E-x

Correct me if im wrong, because I have a good chance of being wrong but I think these are some (I just made them from looking at the scale a while ago)
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
half diminished: X5656X or 5X554X
full diminished: X5646X or 5X454X
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
e-5
B-7
G-5
D-7
A-6
E--

I find this one to be the easiest,and it's easily moveable too
Edit:Guy above beat me.
Quote by Lucas Townshend
e-5Edit:Guy above beat me.

ya but the shorter version :P it really depends on whats more convenient placement-wise to which shape i use.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
^The first one is a diminished 5 (b5) chord--root and diminished 5th only. The second is a fully diminished 7th chord (dim7)--root, minor third, diminished 5th, diminished 7th (= major 6th spelled differently). If you're looking for just a plain diminished chord (root, minor third, diminished fifth--signified by "dim" or the degree sign) here's an example:

E- X
B- X
G- 5
D- 7
A- 6
E- 5