I just saw this and GASed. Hard. But I want to know if it'll handle moderate rock and pop-punk (think along the lines of Foo Fighters, The Hold Steady, Blink-182, or Green Day) with my rig (amp and fx in sig, obviously i'd be using the valve king). I would also appreciate recommendations in the $400-600 price range for those styles. Thanks in advance
Last edited by Helicopters! at Jul 10, 2010,
Quote by Helicopters!
I just saw this and GASed. Hard. But I want to know if it'll handle moderate rock and pop-punk (think along the lines of Foo Fighters, The Hold Steady, Blink-182, or Green Day) with my rig. I would also appreciate recommendations in the $400-600 price range for those styles. Thanks in advance

The SE will do all that with ease. They are great guitars and quite versatile.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Okay awesome! Do you happen to know if the black version retains the flame maple finish? I can't tell from the guitar center pictures.
Quote by Helicopters!
Okay awesome! Do you happen to know if the black version retains the flame maple finish? I can't tell from the guitar center pictures.

Nope. No flame on the black.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Quote by Helicopters!

I know, flamed black is easily the sexiest finish ever, and it's just a disappointment when it's missing :c
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by yellowv
The SE will do all that with ease. They are great guitars and quite versatile.

+3.14

The PRS SE Custom semi-hollowbody even handles metal pretty well.
They're awesome guitars for the price.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I bought an SE Custom Semi Hollow body yesterday. I played an SE Tremonti as a backup once when my strat broke a string years ago (it belonged to our bassist) and was completely impressed with the feel and look of the thing. Fast forward to about ten years later, and I find myself in a new town and a new band and my same old strat. I finally started gigging again and it was time I could afford a new guitar. I was shopping around and then stumbled upon this model over the internet. After seeing the diversity of the thing on youtube, I set up a couple of appointments to try a few out. The first one at the first store shocked me - I was disappointed, and thought it would be as nice as the SE Tremonti that I'd used years before. It was rough, didn't sound too good, and the action kind of sucked. So I quickly figured it wasn't for me. It didn't vibrate my spine like all of my favorite guitars do either.
So then I went to another music store, asked to see theirs, and was blown away! The whole thing was just a joy to play and sounded AMAZING in EVERY SETTING! I can get dirt, clean, even a piezo-like sound. God I love this guitar so far. It's perfect for me - I bought some locking strap nuts though, as it being a semi hollow means I don't want to drop it ever - but you know what? It's really quite hardy, and I'm not so worried anymore.
I think it can do EVERY sound you need - no need to worry about that - I get tons of high end when I need it - was pleasantly surprised, as the one criticism of the guitar I found (on a British site) was that it was a bit too warm, and that those wanting a raw rocking sound should go for the P90 version. Well, I'm a classic rock and blues guy now, having spent my youth being a punk and metal and experimental guy, and I'm telling you this can do high end fine, if you know what you're doing with your amp.
Lovely guitar. Can't wait to use 'er on stage.
oh and it comes with a pretty good gig bag too - haven't tried it in my strat case, but it looks like it just might fit...