Two guitars that I liked that are in my price range. Below my price range actually. I didn't have a ton of time to sit with them but I did play around a bit. They both felt pretty nice and they fit me well. There were a bunch of others of course, but these two stood out to me.

The first one is an Ibanez RG4EX. 24 fret, Floyd Rose III. Two humbuckers and a single coil. 449.00$

The second one is a Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe 0009. 24 fret, Two EMG's, no tremlo. 499.00$

I googled the Hellraiser and I found a thread on Schecters site that is from two years ago. A lot of people speculated that this model was a GC special. Any of you guys hear anything like that? It's a great looking guitar and it seemed to fit me well. For only 500 bucks it sounds like a great deal. But is it?

If you guys were choosing, assuming that both guitars fit you well, which do you get? Does the tremlo really factor in here? I figure I may need it in the future, but it isn't necessary right now.
First thing that popped in my head was a tremolo on a $450 guitar "/ I don't know, I would definitely give it some work in the store before I bought it. I mean, you can always swap things in and out, but there's no point in going through that much work if that's not what you're looking for.

If you're kind of "eh" on whether you want a tremolo or not, I would advise you to just go with a hardtail, especially in that price range. If you're not really going to make tons of use of it and it's going to potentially be a shitty tremolo, stay away from it. Get one if you find you really want it and when you're making higher-end purchase in the future.

But that's just me
First thing, it isn´t Floyd Rose I think, it's ibanez, it's surely and Edge III bridge. In my case I would go for Ibanez, they make very high quality guitars, plus it's cheaper and has floating bridge. Depends on what you'll be playing, and what you'd like, a trem or a normal bridge.

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

If you don’t already get off on tremolos just do yourself a favor and get the hardtail. If you aren’t going to actually play with the tremolo it’s not worth screwing around with, especially not a cheap Floyd Rose. As for the Hellraiser model, it’s probably just another one of Schecter’s gimmicky inlay models that got canceled after a year. Schecter makes way more guitars than most stores have space for, and cancels lots of them after a year, so vendors don’t order them and the ones that get out into the world become obscurities kicking around in Guitar Center stores until somebody finally buys them on clearance.
Quote by jpnyc
If you don’t already get off on tremolos just do yourself a favor and get the hardtail. If you aren’t going to actually play with the tremolo it’s not worth screwing around with, especially not a cheap Floyd Rose. As for the Hellraiser model, it’s probably just another one of Schecter’s gimmicky inlay models that got canceled after a year. Schecter makes way more guitars than most stores have space for, and cancels lots of them after a year, so vendors don’t order them and the ones that get out into the world become obscurities kicking around in Guitar Center stores until somebody finally buys them on clearance.

I think you are right on about it being some kind of gimicky thing from Schecter. It seems that there was some mystery about it from several years ago according to some threads I read. I'll bet that model has been hanging around our local GC since 08 when it was released lol!

I do not NEED the tremolo. I just thought something like "well all the best players have them, won't I need one?" I can certainly survive without one for a while.

Damaged Roses was right about the tremolo on the Ibanez too. It isn't floyd rose, but I swear to you they labled it that way in the store. My wife can attest. I can go back and take pics that they did that. Sneaky bastards.

Anyway, what guitars are better than those say in the 700-800 dollar range? I can go that high, but I just focused on these two because they were similar in price and felt nice.
Just because pros use them doesn't mean you're force to in the future.

I personally like to stay away from them if i can, hell I blocked the floyd on my Edwards.

The Ibanez RG1451 is in your price range and it's a Prestige RG (meaning made in Japan and better quality than the RG you liked) IT's also has a hardtail bridge with no trem.

I recommend it since you liked the other Ibanez.
Sweet, I checked that one out and it looks cool. If it feels like that other one I tried it should do fine. I kinda like the look of some of the Schecters and PRS guitars though. Them damn Ibanez's look a little too razor sharp to me. Just personal preference I guess.
Even though some of the best players use Ibanez....
I have an RG350dx. It has an Edge III Tremolo. I blocked it as soon as possible. It is shite. I regret buying a cheapo guitar with a floating bridge/tremolo whatever you'll call it.
I dislike lower end Ibanez' due to their low quality hardware.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
If you like the PRS/schecter style, i suggest checking the Ibanez SZ series. As for the 'all the best players use floyds'. i beg to differ. If your not using one right now, and you dont have an extreme desire to start learning, then all it's going to be is a pain in the arse, go for a hardtail.
Go for the 4EX. I was contemplating getting one. Definitely liked it while I played it and the only thing that stopped me, my brother had to leave :-/ and he was the ride. I still regret leaving it.
Put this in your signature if you've ever saved a child.

Yea thats what i thought.
If you liked that ibanez, theres a few others in the ibanez line that are similar in feel but of higher quality and have a fixed bridge. Heres are 2 i found:

Ibanez RGA72QM
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGA72QM-Electric-Guitar?sku=584133

Ibanez RG1451
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1451-Prestige-Electric-Guitar?sku=584128

Honestly, if you dont specifically want a trem, you probably should get one. They can be great tools if you use them often, but if you dont, you will have all of the downsides with few of advantages.