Hey GG&A.

As I always do, I was looking on CraigsList and came across this.

It's two stompboxes, both DigiTech. A Grunge and a Death Metal pedal.

Listening to sound samples just on YouTube, I'm halfway liking both.. and he's asking $35 for both which (After inquiring through Email) include original boxes and manuals.

I went to check out reviews, but most on here were pretty bland.. Playing through cheap SS amps, modelers..

So I'm wondering (And looking for advice).. Who has experience with either of these pedals? I'm generally a metal player (Hence why I'd want to have the Death Metal for some fun), but I dabble in a lot of cleans (Loving my delay I got for free, and the spring reverb in my Crate).

Ironically, I'm not into death metal or deathcore or anything.. But I do like my fair amount of distortion.
For the most part I want to say I'm looking to upgrade (kinda) from my DS-1. It's harsh, blah sounding distortion is starting to make my ears cringe.. and my Crate really doesn't have enough kick in it's OD channel for me. (Could I use either of these pedals for a boost..? Note I'm also trying to get a Bad Monkey for boost..)

TL;DR (Sorry for long post)
Does anyone have experience with Digitech's Grunge and Death Metal pedals?
I play metal, but do a lot of cleans, blah blah..
Can they be used as boosts for my V50?
Any advice is handy.
-Check in sig for current gear-

Thanks in advance.
I would say get them, but only because $35 for two pedals is a hell of a deal. I haven't tried either of them, but I wouldn't say either of them are too well-liked around UG. If they were full price, I'd say no, but for $35, you're bound to find some sort of use for them.
Quote by elsporko
I would say get them, but only because $35 for two pedals is a hell of a deal. I haven't tried either of them, but I wouldn't say either of them are too well-liked around UG. If they were full price, I'd say no, but for $35, you're bound to find some sort of use for them.

That's what I was thinking.. I know they're not quality pedals. but neither is my DS-1..

Also said in OP that it was just to fool around with, not looking to "Improve" if you want to say that.. Just need a better distortion pedal. I'm sure I'm bound to like one of these.
I own the Grunge. It was a total waste of money. I've played the Death Metal. It seems like a huge waste of money.

I'd save that $35 for something better and/or more useful.
Quote by Alex Vik
I own the Grunge. It was a total waste of money. I've played the Death Metal. It seems like a huge waste of money.

Let me ask you this: Is it worse/on par with the DS-1?
/Stupid joke

I'm 50/50 on this, myself.. I'm not sure..
I have the rp255 which has both pedals in it. I love the grunge, brilliant sound and lots of options, not so keen on the death but then I dont play death metal either. I also despise the ds1 and i really feels it is a very different pedal. I saw go for it!
The Grunge and Death Metal are both essentially the same circuit, one has a mid knob, the other has a (useless) gain control.

Both sound really harsh, and not in a good way.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Alex Vik

+0.5

it wasnt a TOTAL waste of money but...........................................uh..it was,it was....

so +1 to our post

I've played the Grunge, it sounded terrible.

I've not played the Death Metal, but I've heard it, it sounds a looks like a complete joke.

I'd say that the DS-1 is a better pedal than both of those.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I really wouldnt xD I've still got a Digitech Death Metal pedal up in my room because I cant find noone to sell it to haha

Got it at probably a better deal than that though, I was using it through the shittiest amp, it just needed some gain so I could practise pinches, palm muting and other metal techniques and hear it how it should (kinda) rather than clean

I'd definately save the money. Buy some strings or something, I always never have the spare bit of cash for them when I most need them
i own a grunge and tbh its kinda its either godo or bad depending on what u play it through , i mean its sound sdecent through my 10 wat ksutom amp but awful through my bandit also use the mixer output on it cause the amp out sounds to fizzy
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

Ibanez rgr321ex
Epiphone SG special
Peavey bandit 112
ibanez tube king tk999ht
Kustom dart 10fx
Vox pathfinder
digitech grunge
I tried both those pedals before I found my Hardwire pedals...horrible HORRIBLE sound.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.