Poll: Jackson or Ibanez?
Poll Options
View poll results: Jackson or Ibanez?
Jackson
5 36%
Ibanez
9 64%
Voters: 14.
Lookin' at guitars and was just wondering, what would be better for playing Metal and hard rock, a Jackson Kelly or an Ibanez?
They both make great guitars, you can't really go wrong with either.

Try both of them out if you can, see which one feels better to you, then go with that.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by TMF128
They both make great guitars, you can't really go wrong with either.

Try both of them out if you can, see which one feels better to you, then go with that.
Yeah I don't plan on buying one very soon or anything, just a little question for the future.
sorry this question is too vague...provide us with some more info and what you're after and the guitars that you currently have in mind or else this thread will closed as no vs threads are allowed
Jackson seems more like metal like trivium and bullet for my valentine
ibanez seems like more of a guitar for hardcore, atleast that's what's I use mine for
Jacksons tend to be of higher quality too
Quote by Demonikk
Disco break!

Quote by Julz127
Make sure you put me in your citations at the end. Or at least in your sig.
They both make great guitars.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by archenemyfan
sorry this question is too vague...provide us with some more info and what you're after and the guitars that you currently have in mind or else this thread will closed as no vs threads are allowed
How is it vague? I pretty much listed what I am after, not much else to say... If this must be closed then fine, but I have seen many Vs. threads...
Quote by Ironic Maiden
How is it vague? I pretty much listed what I am after, not much else to say... If this must be closed then fine, but I have seen many Vs. threads...

what would be better metal and hard rock??anything with a humbucker can be good for metal
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Yeah I don't plan on buying one very soon or anything, just a little question for the future.

Well, it does depend on the models you are comparing.

If it is a low-end Ibanez or Jackson, it will definitely not be that good, but you get what you pay for.

You will be fine with any Jackson over $500, or any Ibanez over $600.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Quote by archenemyfan
what would be better metal and hard rock??anything with a humbucker can be good for metal
That is not very helpful to me at all, if you really want me to go deeper I guess I could say Thrash or Prog Metal?
Quote by TMF128
Well, it does depend on the models you are comparing.

If it is a low-end Ibanez or Jackson, it will definitely not be that good, but you get what you pay for.

You will be fine with any Jackson over $500, or any Ibanez over $600.
What about this Kelly compared to say an Ibanez RG series guitar?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-KE3-Kelly-Electric-Guitar-868387-i1445407.gc
Quote by Ironic Maiden
That is not very helpful to me at all, if you really want me to go deeper I guess I could say Thrash or Prog Metal?

hmm...both ibanez's and jackson's can handle metal very well,it depends on what you're planning to spend
Quote by KTHXBAI
It says in the stickies no vs threads endof, archenemyfan is right. All your asking is an opinion. And mine is ibanez, even though ive barely played one.
Well I apologize, I am new here and I have made and seen multiple vs. threads all over the place so I figred it was okay... Isn't that a bit dumb of a rule?
Quote by Ironic Maiden
What about this Kelly compared to say an Ibanez RG series guitar?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-KE3-Kelly-Electric-Guitar-868387-i1445407.gc

That Jackson Kelly should be great, the specs look good and I know that Jackson has good quality control.

As for the RG, it depends on which one you are looking at. Generally speaking, you will be fine with any RG, as long as it doesn't have an Edge III bridge.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Well I apologize, I am new here and I have made and seen multiple vs. threads all over the place so I figred it was okay... Isn't that a bit dumb of a rule?

no its not dumb at all.....cause ibanez fans will tell you that ibanez is the best and jackson fans will tell you that jackson is the best..and it'll end up in a big fight.
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jul 11, 2010,
Quote by TMF128
That Jackson Kelly should be great, the specs look good and I know that Jackson has good quality control.

As for the RG, it depends on which one you are looking at. Generally speaking, you will be fine with any RG, as long as it doesn't have an Edge III bridge.
Cool, I'll keep that in mind, thanks man.
Quote by TMF128

the edge III aint that bad..set it up right and it'll serve you well..its in no way worse than the jackson liscenced FR's
Quote by Ironic Maiden

Alg now you know.

I bet my axe that you could find an idetical Jackson vs Ibanez if you used the serach tool.
Quote by archenemyfan
the edge III aint that bad..set it up right and it'll serve you well..its in no way worse than the jackson liscenced FR's

Thats true, but almost every Jackson bridge is a liscenced FR until you reach about $1000.

Besides, the liscened Jackson FR's are quite good bridges, especially considering the price you pay for the guitar. Plus, I believe you can put an OFR in its place if you want one, but that would cost quite a lot.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
IMO jacksons are the axe of choice for thrash, at least historically (IMO again) with bands like megadeth popularizing the kelly and king V, but both are great options, when u get high end, its really a matter of taste
Eh.
and Padge has a custom ESP....

and it is a vague question because there are alot of different models, for different
specifics.
faddedflurobattlestaR
Last edited by Lockyw1 at Jul 11, 2010,
Just so you know, since you're new, this is pretty much a rule of thumb:

Any guitar can play any genre, and no guitar is "better" for a given genre, with the exception of hollow bodies. Any solid body guitar can play anything.

Whether you sound good at what you're playing depends mostly on your amp. After that, there is the issue of single coil vs. humbucker.

But if you're playing metal, for example, any guitar with humbuckers will do, given you have a amp to play metal with.

For instance, even if you have a really, really shitty guitar like an Epi LP Special II, that guitar will sound like a beast if you're playing it through a Peavey 6505. Any guitar will.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by the_unforgiven6
Jackson seems more like metal like trivium and bullet for my valentine
ibanez seems like more of a guitar for hardcore, atleast that's what's I use mine for
Jacksons tend to be of higher quality too

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
both guitar brands are good it just depends on how they feel to you at the end of the day. try them out if you can and then you can choose the one that feels right for you. for me ibanez's feel a lot faster than the jacksons i have played, so if its speed youre after thats where id go, if u just want awesome metal tone id say jackson but thats just my opinion. hope this helps a lil bit!
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.