You all must be tired of all the amp questions I've been throwing at you guys :P. Anyhow now I'm wondering about the Fender Twin 100 watt combo like the title implies. I love the clean tones but I have not ever played the amp with much gain when I have played the twin. I know the amp is infamous for it's clean tones but what about when you crank that gain up and really decide to rip somebody a new one with your hard rock or metal riffs? Or even something like grunge?
Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols used a stock standard Silver Faced Twin on Never Mind The Bollocks.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols used a stock standard Silver Faced Twin on Never Mind The Bollocks.

The Sex Pistols use gibsons correct? I'll be using a 65 reissue MIA Stratocaster with this amp.
Last edited by SmokeJs at Jul 11, 2010,
Yeah, he used a Les Paul.
Really, if you add a boost pedal before a Fender it can get pretty savage. Not chugga, chugga, chugga, my strings are slapping against the fingerboard, chugga, chugga but pretty heavy nonetheless, especially if you EQ it right. If you are using a strat my guess is you aint a chugga anyway, correct?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Yeah, he used a Les Paul.
Really, if you add a boost pedal before a Fender it can get pretty savage. Not chugga, chugga, chugga, my strings are slapping against the fingerboard, chugga, chugga but pretty heavy nonetheless, especially if you EQ it right. If you are using a strat my guess is you aint a chugga anyway, correct?

I can actually get some good chugga, chugga with this stratocaster, I don't know what the deal is with this guitar but it can get some monster metal tone. I've owned high end ibanez's and I'd take this guitar over any Ibanez/Jackson i've played any day for metal. I really hit the jackpot with this guitar of mine. Like you said though.. I'm not looking for chugga, chugga specifically because I really only play things like that by myself in a room.
Last edited by SmokeJs at Jul 11, 2010,
What is in the strat? Red Lace Sensors maybe?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
What is in the strat? Red Lace Sensors maybe?

I believe they're Kinman pickups now that I talked to the person who gave me the guitar about the pickups. It was a gift from my dad, he said if I could learn how to play he would give me this stratocaster. I've been playing for something like 6-7 years now and I obviously got to keep it. I've played many guitars since then and this guitar is by far my favorite guitar. It has a black body and a white pick guard with a maple neck, and IMO that neck is what makes the guitar so special.

(sorry for the rant about my strat.
I still play my old Ibanez Blazer all the time complete with a worn out fingerboard and I own a custom built masterpiece as well. Nothing feels as comfortable in your hands as the guitar you learned to play on.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification