Basically, I am tired of lugging my half stack to my friends house to record there. I considered leaving it there but I would have no amp for my house, which we also practice at. I would need something that's loud enough to be heard well over a very "enthusiastic" drummer. And it has to be good with metal. I don't necessarily care if it's a solid state or tube (i would prefer tube) but if its good ill give it a try.

I'd like to keep my budget under 200 bucks, but im wiling to change that. I'm also open to used.

To be clear, im asking for suggestions of amps, not to sell me yours.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
$200 is not a lot for a decent amp. U could get a peavey vypyr 30 but it might not be loud enough to be heard over ur drummer. Get a peavey vypyr 75 which is $300.
at most 200 dollars for a metal amp... atleast 50 watts (solid state) to be heard over a drummer...

your not getting very far with that budget (especially if you have tube in mind). what kind of person sells a tube amp for less than or equal to 200 dollars (keeping in mind that its either 30-50 watts to be heard over a drummer)?

i've got nothing here in mind to help you out unless you want to go for a line 6 spider II, but UG will rip you a new one if you go for that, since its notoriously known as a beginners amp (crappy tones, very digital, leaves alot to be imagined to the trained or seasoned ear) with little to no bang for the buck.

your on your own kid.
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
If it's just for practice tell your drummer to turn it down (figuratively). I've played with a 5 watt Blackstar tube amp and been heard by everyone over the also enthusiastic drummer and the bassist with his 100 watt amp.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
buy an Avatar 212 for like, $299, keep one cab at each place and just bring the head back and forth.
I like tedward's idea

Otherwise if you have a distortion pedal, i'd get a highish wattage bass amp and plug into that with the pedal.
Quote by Tedward
buy an Avatar 212 for like, $299, keep one cab at each place and just bring the head back and forth.

Gotta do it soon, I believe it's only that cheap for the summer.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
For 200 bucks, the only thing that's brand new that'll be heard over a drummer is the Fender Frontman 65R which comes with a single button footswitch. Other than that, you could look on E-Bay or Craig's List for a used Crate Solid state 65/120 watt combo which have much better distortion for metal.
Quote by Tedward

that is a pretty good idea actually, kudos. I'll consider that, but I don't like the amp's head that I have right now too much still :/

for the rest of you, forget the budget for now, just suggest me stuff and I'll get the money
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
wow thats a tight budget
Live Guitars and Amps:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Es-335
Fender Telecaster
Matchless Dc-30
Vox AC30H2
Pedals:
Boss Tuner
Keeley Compressor
Kelley Katana
Ibanez Ts-9
Fulltone OCD
Ernieball Volume Jr.
Boss DD-20
Quote by GibsonnFender
wow thats a tight budget

He's not worried about the budget all of a sudden.

Well TS, you could go with any Mesa head, I hear they are cheap!

jk.

Consider an used Peavey VTM, butcher, ultra, or ultra plus.

Also an Ampeg vh140c
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90