Well the title is thee question.

I'm about to possibly buy one and I want to know what you guys think about them, advice, mods, etc...

A 1958 (reissue 2008) Epi Explorer btw.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Theyre awesome. They look cook. they sound great. Theyre a little big.. But thats about it. Nothing to crazy. no horrid neck dive, or anything
Quote by philipk
you need to know how to write eet fuk on them

uh, what?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
i love explorers

ive they made a left handed explorer 7 string or 8 string id buy instantly

(but if its Gibson imma shoot someone in the ass)((and no not matt heafey's sig guitar by em)))
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
They look ****ing awesome, but I can't play them because I can't find one with a 25.5" scale.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I just wish the Epi Explorers felt like the Gibson ones. That's my thought on them.

Well, that and that the Ibanez Destroyer is an awesome copy of one.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
i love explorers

(but if its Gibson imma shoot someone in the ass)((and no not matt heafey's sig guitar by em)))

rondo/agile guitars may have those

but you probably have to ask first for a lefty :|
there hard to hold and if your buying a gibson one there nowhere neear worth the money.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
i love explorers

Definitely check our Rondo. Agile would be the first company to offer something like this.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by BrokenDstring
uh, what?

It's one of James hetfield's explorer guitar. It has "EET FUK" written on it.

(Invalid img)
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Gibson did make a 7 String explorer.

It had standard Gibson Scale Legnth. Worst idea since the Shred-X
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
They're Mexican, like maps, backpacks, like songs, and chill with a monkey with boots
But yeah anyways, they're fantastic guitars, I love them, they're just a little big so the large top fin tends to find its ways into a corner or doorframe.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
http://www.emperionguitars.com/emperion_zx.php

lefty explorer dont think they make 7 strings tho...
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom
Esp Truckster
Epi Goth Explorer
Ovation Celebrity
Bjärton Bj-12
Eleven Rack
Bugera 333xl
Bugera 412H-Bk
Marschall valvestate 8080
Fish And Chips eq
Bad monkey
Zoom g9.2tt
i like explorers and one of the things i like is the size!! but have you thought about a dean z?? they are awesome imo (Dean Z 79')
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
I have the epi 1958 korina explorer, and i love it. Uh, check my youtube in my signature if you want to see it being played. the camera does not do the tone of this guitar justice. You gotta try it out as it is a bit weird shaped, you may or may not like it. But if you do like the shape then it's one hell of a guitar, extremely versatile and in the yellowish korina look is sexy as all hell
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,
Great guitars, look outstanding.

Not a fan of Epiphone stock pickups but can easily and cheaply be changed to Irongear or Kent Armstrongs

Quote by nickdohle
Theyre awesome. They look cook. they sound great. Theyre a little big.. But thats about it. Nothing to crazy. no horrid neck dive, or anything

I have an Epiphone Goth Explorer.

Had a bit of a problem with neck dive actually, but was easily fixed by fitting a strap button at the back of the heel. Balance is awesome now.
Quote by Tango616
They're Mexican, like maps, backpacks, like songs, and chill with a monkey with boots

You win this thread.
Last edited by Y00p at Jul 13, 2010,
I have owned a lot of Gibson Explorers and Epi Explorers over the years and IMHO they are one of the best guitars I have owned. I always see people ragging on Epi but in actuality they are just as good as most Gibsons I have owned. Right now I have a very nice Gibson Explorer my friend Dennis has an Epi Korina Exp he bought from me several years ago and comparing them side by side there really is not much of a difference in tone and quality.

As with any guitar you need to try it out and try it out on a similar amp or bring your amp with you. A lot of guitars sound different depending on the amp. I know people who get there guitars home and all of a sudden they don't like it. The common statement is "Well it sounded great at Guitar Center when I played in on that put any amp name here" At home they have a some crappy low watt practice amp.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Well the title is thee question.

I'm about to possibly buy one and I want to know what you guys think about them, advice, mods, etc...

A 1958 (reissue 2008) Epi Explorer btw.

you may want to check out one of these:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/epiphone_futura_custom_fx_me.htm

or one of these:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/epiphone_futura_custom_fx_me.htm

they're very high quality, in fact im pretty sure the epiphone prophecy series is the highest quality epiphone you can buy (if someone isnt stupid enough to sell their epiphone elitist that is)
I had the Epi Explorer but I sold it about a month ago. I liked it, but it didn't provide me with the greatest cleans. The stock pickups were decent, but they can be upgraded.

I had the black one with gold hardware, and the thing was a tank. I hit it on a few things like the support poles in my basement and stuff and it held its place.

So overall, the guitar was good, I loved the looks, but it was very heavy. Heavier than a Les Paul.

And lastly, if you want the Epi Explorer, you need to consider your options. I feel that it was stuck inbetween a metal guitar, and an almost Les Paul. If your looking for the more traditional classic sound, stick with your LP, and save up till you can get a Gibson. But if you want a metal guitar, check out ESP, Agile and such. But hey, if you like it, get it!

Good Luck
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by MotaroHax

How have I never found these guys before?

Any idea of the cost? Almost everything was sold out.

If you are interested in left handed Explorers try http://www.gaskellguitars.com

Gibson/Epiphone + Dean + Hamer do not make left handed Explorers. That's another fact about Explorers.
Quote by philipk
you need to know how to write eet fuk on them

Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.