Page 1 of 2
I like Marshall. Always have. I want to maybe trade. The only other thing on my radar is a Mesa TransAtlantic. Yes, I like EL34s. Budda and Traynor too.

I've played the JVMs, JCMs, ReIssues, DSL combo and head, and a TSL combo. I really like the Marshall logo because none of my friends recognize my amp or cab. I have an avatar cab. I honestly love the JCM 2555 or 2550. There is a girl involved too.

I like a hardcore/doom/kse type tone...like this:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/311ZOSOVHJH/music/all/play762500

used yes
budget is amp sale/trade +300 so $1500 ish american.

also pedal wise:
sd1 needs to go, and i need a better wah and a tubescreamer ts7 or 808. I think. Luv teh russian muff

basement rock..no gig

i prowl clist and jaxed all the time so......

help UG.. Should I get teh JDM50 or JVM210?

(picture removed by US authorities)]]442239847582390428734582903./..microsoft
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 11, 2010,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I really like the Marshall logo because none of my friends recognize my amp or cab. I have an avatar cab. I honestly love the JCM 2555 or 2550. There is a girl involved too.

Sounds like you might be wanting one for the wrong reasons. Marshalls make great amps. However, you get what you pay for. And a lot of that is paying the logo itself. Dont get rid of your Avatar cab. They are highly respected among educated musicians. They make great cabs depending on what speakers you use. Whatever girl that is involved will be far more impressed with your playing skill than what amp brand you have. Girls dont care about that shit. But if you really have that money to spend, get the JVM. You wont need a tube screamer after that buy. Good luck.
- Paul Reed Smith Custom 24
- Fender USA Strat
- Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
- Orange PPC-212OB Cab
- Marshall JTM600 Head
- Marshall JTM410 Cab
Dude, you have a Splawn, what are you wanting a Marshall for?

EDIT: I think this thread may a joke.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Obvious troll is obvious.

EDIT: Nah, if you really want Marshall, I'd say get a JVM.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Last edited by JesusCrisp at Jul 11, 2010,
just
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by annostyle
Sounds like you might be wanting one for the wrong reasons. Marshalls make great amps. However, you get what you pay for. And a lot of that is paying the logo itself. Dont get rid of your Avatar cab. They are highly respected among educated musicians. They make great cabs depending on what speakers you use. Whatever girl that is involved will be far more impressed with your playing skill than what amp brand you have. Girls dont care about that shit. But if you really have that money to spend, get the JVM. You wont need a tube screamer after that buy. Good luck.

Good point. Seriously tho, friends come over and they just go oh....splawn yeah whatever. Do you think the JVM would cover me? I like the green channel on OD2 or the orange on OD1. Nice cleans for sure. The JDM looks promising. I don't see any 2555 around. Those were kinda one dimensional anyway.

can't i talk options guys i mean wtf?
JDMs have a digital preamp don't they?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i thought is was analog

i don't care. AxeFx is digitol no>?

the real problem is the cost of these ****'rs in the US. I really should look used. I cannot afford a handwired plexi reissue - as much as that would rock
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Good point. Seriously tho, friends come over and they just go oh....splawn yeah whatever. Do you think the JVM would cover me? I like the green channel on OD2 or the orange on OD1. Nice cleans for sure. The JDM looks promising. I don't see any 2555 around. Those were kinda one dimensional anyway.

can't i talk options guys i mean wtf?

Tell your friends to bugger off.

What kind of tones do you actually want from the amp?
Cleans?
Crunch?
Mid-Gain?
br00tz?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I still can't tell if you're joking or not. You have a Splawn!!
If other people don't appreciate it f#%* them. If a chick will do you because you have a Marshall but not if you have a Splawn, run, run fast and run far.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Just get an MG. It has crushing overdrive!
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Mesa Electradyne does the Marshall thing well. The Stiletto series II is supposed to be pretty Marshally too.

If you want an all out br00tz tone, then JCM 800 KK or JCM 900 SL-X... neither of which have very good cleans.

Or you could get a JCM 800 and have it FJA modded.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^Electradyne - that's it

not Transatlantic - althought that would be cool too. I guess I'm not a big Vox or Fender fan so I could care less. Weak.

I've heard the Stiletto can get pretty fizzy and lifeless. I like to crank my amps up. The KK would be the shit I think as would the 2550. Not a fan of the 900s but I've never played a SLX. Finding a modded 800 is not always easy either as far as reliablity from seller. I try to stay pretty up to date with the gear classifieds. I wish Jaxed would pick that up too, that would be the ultimate.

The JMD seems cool but I'd need a power amp and such. I'm looking for a simple set up and a Marshall 1960b 4x12 with V30s. Mid humpnessness.
I meant buy an unmodded 800 and then get it modded later . The SL-X is supposed to be the best of the 900s.

The TransAtlantic is an interesting amp but I'm not sure it has enough power for you. In spite of the simple control setup it's a real tweaker's amp too. The ElectraDyne seems like a great amp though, heard alot of great things about it. Seems to be the 'sleeper hit' among Mesa's current lineup of amps.

Or you could always take the Splawn logo off your amp and the Avatar from your cab and stick on two Marshall logos.

As far as wahs go, the RMC stuff is absolutely unbeatable IMO, except the Keeler Stretch Wah, which I really like...

As far as tubescreamers go, a TS7 is identical to a TS9 and not very different from an 808, so I'd only go for one of those if you absolutely must have the aesthetics of a TS808.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Last edited by Raijouta at Jul 11, 2010,
i want to get a brand new headshell anyway......maybe with the splawn vibe of clear window on front and LEDs inside and outside.

Never heard of a Keeler wah but I'll look into it and the RMC. I need a wah pedal that can do metal and froosh/hendrix type stuff. I have an Ernie Ball wah now and it is 'ok'. I got rid of my Earnie Ball Volume Pedal Jr for an eBay suck knob. The suck knob actually works better imo. I was hoping the JDM50 was going to cure my gas but it has not. The vids seem cool but the latest GuitarPlayer mag review kinda talked it down.

A used DSL and Fender Twin would be cool to. So would an Egnater Renegade
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
In particular, check out the RMC Wizard wah. About the only thing more versatile than the Wizard wah is the RMC8 (which has a graphic EQ) and rackmount wahs.

Otherwise you could buy a modded Crybaby from someone in the WTLTL thread.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D

(the image is a link)
And the 6" one for the head.

Problem solved

Man, you love your Splawn. This is tragic if true. Screw 'em. If they are too stupid and/or materialistic to be impressed by the logo they aren't worth the angst.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band

You bored, 311?
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Dude, you should totally get an Orange.
Everyone knows they do Marshall better than real Marshalls do.
^
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
get a JCM800 and rearrange the letters on the logo so people think it's a fake, and then see how many "guitar-gurus" tell you it sounds nothing like a marshall
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I only sleep with people who own Marshall amps, usually.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by Oldmonkeys
Get a Wizard, then tell them its a Magic Marshall

Bravo sir.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by Blompcube
get a JCM800 and rearrange the letters on the logo so people think it's a fake, and then see how many "guitar-gurus" tell you it sounds nothing like a marshall

This.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I've heard the Stiletto can get pretty fizzy and lifeless.

i have been meaning to try one of these cuz i have heard some shocking things from very credible people about this amp and i need to see if what they say is true.

and stop trollin 311
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by littlephil
Dude, you should totally get an Orange.
Everyone knows they do Marshall better than real Marshalls do.

I liked the Rockerverb I played a lot. Fun amp. More versatile than peeps give credit.

still ...want a kick ass marshall that can do modern metal too/ not orange.

does anyone own a JVM 205?
So are you actually being serious?
I was poking fun at what used to happen here a few years back, every time someone asked about Marshalls, there would be heaps of people saying "Get an Orange instead, they do Marshall tones better than modern Marshalls"
I think you should get the new jmd:1. It's designed by marshall so you know it's good. It's got like el34 tubes or something and I heard that that's real marshall tone. And like really only marshall really nows how to get marshall tone. But here's the thing...they took all that knowledge and built a preamp out of a computer stuffs that knows all of the marshall sounds!

cool huh. it's great. buy it. silver jubbalees break all the time anyway.

plus I heard that zack wylde loves the new jmd:1
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Woah! Zakk Wylde likez teh JMD? I guess it's logical, based on the stellar review it got in this month's Guitar Player.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Page 1 of 2