Hi, is there much difference between a HSS and a SSS routing? I like to play hard rock (Bon Jovi, ac/dc, ect.)

Tnx in advance.
My Gear:

Stagg l320cs
Laney Prism P35 (35watt)
Custom Strat
Aria Steel String acoustic
It should be a consideration if you dislike the tone coming from the bridge single coil. Bridge bucker will fatten the brightness up but you will lose the single coil breakup.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander
It should be a consideration if you dislike the tone coming from the bridge single coil. Bridge bucker will fatten the brightness up but you will lose the single coil breakup.
Not only that, but obviously having both HB's AND single coils makes for a more versatile guitar, tone-wise

I still can't decide whether i prefer guitars with HSS or HSH configurations, but one thing's for sure > whomever invented coil-splitting has got to be one of the most awesome persons in the history of mankind...

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^ i agree with CaptainPanda's post plus if you want a single coil tone too (though it won't be completely the same)

you can split the humbucker so you can have the SSS option with HSS routing
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
yeah, there is. for the stuff you play, i'd get HSS, unless you know exactly what you're doing (and by dint of making this thread it sounds like you don't, so yeah, HSS it is then).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok thnx for your replies you all, i'll go for HSS
My Gear:

Stagg l320cs
Laney Prism P35 (35watt)
Custom Strat
Aria Steel String acoustic