Hey guys.

So i recently restrung my schecter solo 6 classic with Elixir 10-46 Polywounds, and within 2 weeks the high e string has snapped.

The same thing happened the last time i used elixirs, and replaced it with a dunlop string which didn't break. However i think this may be a coincidence as the other strings seem to be fine on the guitar.

So i'm guessing it is due to a sharp spot on the saddle, are there any ways to fix this myself, or should i take it to my local guitar tech, thanks.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Well, there are ways to fix it yourself, but you'll have to have saddle/nut files that are an exact fit (or at least, smaller than your regular around-the-house files) and those are bitching expensive.

However, before going to a tech, check to see if there really is a burr in there by trying to run your nail through the groove and feeling for 'gripping'. If that doesn't fit, take a piece of paper and try to smoothly get that through there, feeling for the same thing.
You could just stop using elixir strings, ew Thats what I would do, sounds like poor quality to me. It could be a sharp spot on the bridge though, doesn't sound like that if it only breaks elixirs.....
Jackson DK2M
Jackson DXMGT
Jackson Rhoads V
Jackson Stealth
Yahmaha El-Cheapo Acoustic

Randall G2
Randall Cyclone
Behringer 4x12 Cab

Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR Fullbore Metal
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
ISP Decimator
Strangely enough, I stopped using Elixirs after I got sick of still buying new strings every 3 months to replace them, and sometimes even sooner because of the unwound strings periodically breaking.

I switched to D'Addario's, no breaks. I now use Dunlops, no breakage. Last time I broke a string was a month ago, with a 3 and a half month old set
Elixirs break easily. I stopped using them as well. I notice lately they are selling an extra E string in each set. Should tell you something.
Quote by Ratraisin
Elixirs break easily. I stopped using them as well. I notice lately they are selling an extra E string in each set. Should tell you something.

thanks, i think i might try out some other brands then.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
I don't know what ya'll are doing to your guitar strings, but I've never had an Elixir string break on me, except the acoustic Elixirs, will not use cause of the G string always breaking, but for electric I've never had a problem, but I stopped using them about 4-5 months ago, when I found out D'Addairo was making their electric guitar strings with the EXP coating, I love there EXP acoustic strings, and the electric ones lived up to their reputation...of being awesome strings.
I think i read somewhere that Stevie Ray had this problem and his tech put shrink wrap on his strings at the pressure point by the bridge to prevent them from breaking.