Page 1 of 2
If anyone saw this on metal-archives, i posted this there too.

Alright so I added the Christian Olde Wolbers facebook. i've been a huge fear factory fan since i was about 12 or 13 ever since my bro introduced me to em... well anyway, I wasn't aware this was his personal FB until my friend told me so.. i thought it was fan run. I figured like most, even somewhat, famous people, they're too "busy" to interact with their fans. so it didn't really bother me when i started saying shit like "dude im going to see fear factory on the 20th! oh wait.." and then when someone said "you ****ed up dave! lol!" the joking nature of the statement furthered my belief it was a fan run page, i was just trying to stir some shit. to that i said "i ****ed up? i think christian really ****ed up when he left fear factory and started arkaea" (i'm paraphrasing). Well, after an hour or so, CHRISTIAN gets online and calls me an asshole, that i need to get a grip. I then find out its his personal page.

Well, needless to say I feel like shit, because i used to love his playing and Archetype was the album that introduced my to Fear Factory (i became a fan right around the time it was released), and really looked up to him. I truly feel like a huge asshole and sent him a letter of apology and deleted the comments I left on his page. I'm not a fan of facebook drama, but trolling is fun. Which is what i thought i was doing.

Being called a retard by one of your childhood idols is a real kick in the ****ing face. What do you guys think of the situation? I just don't want the guy to think I'm some douchebag.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Apologise.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
I did apologize. I just hope he actually believes me.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Explain it was a misunderstanding, I guess Mario61's right I guess if you want to apologize.
Send him a nice letter and a muffin basket.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ The aeroplane
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ flies high, turns
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ left, looks right.
I'm sure he doesn't give a fuck about you or what you said, TS.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
I don't know why you would even say that in the first place, but maybe he secretly agrees with you since he went so far as to personally write a response?
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
You trolled someone you respect? What made you think that would be a good idea?
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Get over it. He probably forgot about it after 2 minutes.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Come to think of it, the probability of this being true are lower than this gal's jeans I saw at the store today.
That was your one chance, bro. Ya blew it.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
aw i dunno i reckon he'd be pre pissed off, but yeah just try n explin it in the letter of apology lol.
faddedflurobattlestaR
Muffin basket is the best way, but. it'll have to be some goooood muffins
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by Archetype00

Being called a retard by one of your childhood idols is a real kick in the ****ing face. What do you guys think of the situation? I just don't want the guy to think I'm some douchebag.

Stop being a retarded douchebag and people will stop seeing you that way.
/thread
Quote by Casketcreep
Stop being a retarded douchebag and people will stop seeing you that way.
/thread

It just seems so obvious, so why does it take some people something like this to realise it?

Archetype00.
Call it a wake up call, learn from it and move on.
Quote by Archetype00
I just don't want the guy to think I'm some douchebag.

He probably won't remember you
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Never assume because it makes you the 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Archetype00
I figured like most, even somewhat, famous people, they're too "busy" to interact with their fans.

Logistically you can't dedicate the time needed to reply to thousands of mails every day...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Archetype00

But you are. You chose to deliberately talk shit about him. The fact that you would be ok about saying it behind his back but not to his face makes you an even bigger douche.

Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Come to think of it, the probability of this being true are lower than this gal's jeans I saw at the store today.

Were they quite low? Pics?
this is why you shouldnt try and meet people you idolise, youll **** it up
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Sounds like Wobers is a wee bit insecure (maybe it's because he's shit), but TS remains a fuckstick.
Quote by archerygenious
You trolled on purpose? And *"like"* trolling?

Are you retarded? Trolling has to be 'on purpose'. Most people do it because it's fun. You should be directing that image at yourself.
Aren't the guys from Fear Factory in their 40's/50's now? I don't think he's gonna give a shit what someone said on a facebook page.

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

I hope Cedric Bixler Zavala accepts my friend request, even though he never accepts them from anyone. I have a few things I'd like to get off my chest. First and foremost, kick Omar's ass for refusing to do ONE god damn tour or album with At the Drive-In.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
Are you retarded? Trolling has to be 'on purpose'. Most people do it because it's fun. You should be directing that image at yourself.

To be fair, he is. It points right at his avatar.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I heard that your hero kills people who tr0ll him
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Fuck you Cunty Chops Mcgee, that's what I was going to say!

Seriously though, who the **** talks shit about their childhood hero?..even if you thought it was just a fan page...why?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart

Seriously though, who the **** talks shit about their childhood hero?..even if you thought it was just a fan page...why?

Bro, I talk shit on Big Bird all the damn time. It ain't no thang.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Pagan-Pie

Well sometimes people don't troll that much and some may think of it as trolling while others don't, you know?

For example, sarcasm is often not that obvious over the internet, along with other things like "Well I think you should go f*uck yourself!", to some it may not be obvious whether that's a joke or not...

Also, how exactly is being a blatant asshole fun?

Quote by whalepudding
To be fair, he is. It points right at his avatar.

Actually he's pointing at the door
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Last edited by archerygenious at Jul 11, 2010,
Quote by archerygenious
Well sometimes people don't troll that much and some may think of it as trolling while others don't, you know?

For example, sarcasm is often not that obvious over the internet, along with other things like "Well I think you should go f*uck yourself!", to some it may not be obvious whether that's a joke or not...

Also, how exactly is being a blatant asshole fun?

You were the one who told him to 'get the **** out' for no reason.
That sucks dude, think it through next time. If he reads your apology and accepts it, it don't matter. if he ignores it, you still gotta forget it, and not troll your idols personal page
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Todd Hart

Fuck me gently this time though Todd, my ass is still burning from the last time.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Page 1 of 2