Hello, i just started playin guitar about a month ago after my uncle lent my his guitar.and i was just playing random stuff i found on youtube until i decided to get serious. I decided to learn about guitar tech stuff like how to check the specs of a guitar etc. So, i decided to find out what kind of guitar i was using. It looked like this:

I started researching on what kind of guitar i was using. something was written on the headstock:

I googled 'yamaha rgx110' but i could not find any information on it. I tried the yamaha website and still, i could not find anything. If anyone knows anything about this model of guitar or has any good links or websites that may help me find the specs of this guitar, i would really appreciate it.

Also, i saw that this guitar had some sort of tremolo but i am quite sure that its not a floyd rose as i could not find out what model it was. neither did it say 'floyd rose' anywhere on it.

Here are some pictures:
I took it away... I'm sorry they were so huge

If anyone could tell me the specs of this guitar or what kind of bridge this is, i would really appreciate it. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Also, I use a Zoom fire 15. can anyone tell me if its good? i read a review somewhere that its quite durable and stuff. But if i were to buy a new piece of equipment, can anyone tell me what i should get first? a guitar or a new amp?

Thanks alot!
Last edited by Zainprox at Jul 11, 2010,
I'm sorry...but how do i make it smaller? I think i'll just remove the pics. What kind of tremolo is this?
Its just a standard 6-screw. nothing special.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Damn, do you have big enough pictures?

Anyway, while I can't give specific model info, I can tell you a bit about the guitar.

It's a superstrat type solid body guitar. It has one bridge pickup, and one volume control. It has a vintage (sometimes called standard) tremolo. It has 24 frets.

That information aside, that looks like a pretty sweet guitar. If that thing had a Floyd Rose on it, I'd probably want one. Very sleek looking.

I've never heard of Zoom, but after googling it, it looks like nothing special. Just a small modeling amp.

If it sounds good to your ears, then that's all that really matters at this point.

As far as buying new gear, I'd say get a new amp first. I don't know if your guitar is a cheap starter guitar (which it looks like), or something that's actually really nice.

But decide this way: If you don't like the way you sound when you play, get a new amp. If you don't like the way your guitar feels, or don't like something about it, get a new guitar.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It's a Yamaha RGX110 - probably one of their starter kit guitars.

Don't worry about buying anything new for a while yet, learn to play and spend some time figuring out what works for you and what doesn't.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
So is it like: different amp=different sound and different guitar=different physical feeling? or am i wrong?
and will changing the guitar change the sound too?
Quote by Zainprox
So is it like: different amp=different sound and different guitar=different physical feeling? or am i wrong?

Exactly, you need to have an idea of the kind of sound you want...fat, warm, airy, crunchy, fizzy, bassy, etc - and also the kind of feel you want from the guitar...fat neck, thin neck, heavy body, small body etc. That's only going to come with time, at the moment all your attention and energy is going to be focussed on learnig to play the damn thing

With the amp you've got changing the guitar won't change the sound a great deal, the amp will have more of an influence in that department.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Zainprox

Basically yes. The guitar will change the sound slightly, but not nearly as much as the amp will.

The better your amp is, the more different different guitars will sound. The more their "character" will be allowed to show.

but you don't need to worry about that right now. Just keep with it, see if you want to keep with it, note what things you like and don't like for now.

You should only worry about upgrading when your guitar or your sound starts becoming unbearable. That's when you'll know you're ready to take your next step into the world of guitar.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
you can post pics but figure out how to re size them using Photobucket.com or something.

You got the text right now just see if you can get the pics right now.Good to know for future things. At the very least if you still can't figure out a way to re size pics then just post direct links to them. You really need those pics though if you want to get more vital info.
l
Last edited by needler420 at Jul 11, 2010,