I swear in Thursday. I'm more nervous then I have ever remembered, even more then when I was forced into a 4 bar bass solo in front of a couple thousand people. Questions/Comments/Concerns? Oh, MEPS was a ****ing nightmare.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
Best of luck!
Just keep your mental focus and determination and you'll be fine.
I hope you serve your country well and do your best.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Thanks. Also, my job is going to be 0351 Assaultman/Demolitions. Basically, I blow shit up with C4 and the SMAW. ****ing youtube the SMAW, it's boner inducing.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
Bassically, I wish you good luck and do well .
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by penguin-pirate
Thanks. Also, my job is going to be 0351 Assaultman/Demolitions. Basically, I blow shit up with C4 and the SMAW. ****ing youtube the SMAW, it's boner inducing.

Ooohh demolitions. I'm envious. Did a couple of simple confidence charges using PE4 in march, earlier this year. It was so awesome so I'm hoping we get to do them again next year.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

You'll be fine, don't let any nerves get to you. Both the Army and Marine basic training has similar goals in mind

Educate
Physical Training
Weapons Training
Attempt to **** with your head.

Marines are known for their physical fitness. You wont see a fat marine, but I've seen plenty of fat soldiers. I've seen marine females with biceps that make me feel weak.

Education is about history and knowledge of battle tactics, medical aid, ect ect. I dont know exactly what they teach marines but expect to learn some creeds, songs, weapon info..ect.

Weapon Training: Pretty simple, you'll have a crap load of training on your weapon.

Breaking you off: Army and Marines pretty much use the same tactics here from everything I've heard. Drills like to get into your head, they like to put you down, slapping you around is their favorite hobby. Other than getting into your head, drills will push everyone past their maximum or suffer a consequence no one wants to deal with. As much as it is PT, getting you into shape, it's also another mind ****. You'll go from saying "I can't" to saying "Psh, this is n00b shit" real quick or you'll be one of the guys that eventually fall behind.

Stay out of trouble, even if another marine is trying to **** with you, just leave it alone. Anything you do to get in trouble will cause everyone else to get in trouble also. If you piss everyone else off, you're gonna hate your time. If a Drill is slapping you around, or trying to **** with your head just get use to saying "yes" a lot and ignoring them.

I'm in the army myself, but I have a great respect for the Marines. Though both our boot camps are similar in many ways, as a marine you'll be pushed much farther. Remember, every marine is a grunt and what you learn in boot camp IS what you'll need later. Always make sure to keep your head up, stay confident.. Nerves are for civilians and the airforce =p you're a god damn marine, act like it!