Hi guys,

Recently i bought a JTS N8.8 Condesor Mic and a Phonic Helix Board 12 USB mixer to just get started recording my guitar amp, Vox AD50VT, i want to find a way to get rid of background noise when i record as i can hear in the recording my guitar strings acoustically in the background, are there any tricks or techniques that you guys know that could help me eliminate this?

Cheers
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
put the amp in a different room. run the cable under the door. you'll still be able to hear it, but the room will be more silent
Quote by Doonan
put the amp in a different room. run the cable under the door. you'll still be able to hear it, but the room will be more silent

this.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
both suggestions already mentioned. turn up the amp AND move it to a different room.

here's why:
Turning the amp up means the mic doesn't have to be as hot to pick it up well which means it will pick up less noise outside of the amp.
Moving the amp to a different room will give you more freedom to be noisier and not have to worry about having a live mic in the room picking up everything you do.

if you dont have the cables to move the amp, just turn it up and you should be just fine. you could also try a dynamic for your next mic.