Hello! So far I've been playing strat-style guitars. But I wanna get a Jackson King V or Kelly
So what's the difference in the shapes? Which one is more confy and stuff like that?
If I were you I'd go to a store and try one. It can be quite difficult to play while sitting with a V-guitar. Not sure about Kelly.
How can we possibly tell you that? Every player is comfortable with something different. You have to play them and decide for yourself.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I find both of those shape to be one of my all time favorite shapes, both are VERY comfy, so you'll have to test them out first and see what you like.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
personally its the king v, but u need to be standing up to play it really. im not sure about the kelly, looks like it would be easier if you are sat down but could still be awkward. v's are nice coz u can get right up the frets with no cut away restricting you which i like.
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
Quote by iamflipbaby
personally its the king v, but u need to be standing up to play it really. im not sure about the kelly, looks like it would be easier if you are sat down but could still be awkward. v's are nice coz u can get right up the frets with no cut away restricting you which i like.

You can sit down with a v dude it's very comfortable, you just have to sit in classical position.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
o yeah i know i just dont like it personally and a few people i know say they find it uncomfortable and they guys looking for comfort. anyway thats just me best thing is to see if its comfy for him to play in a classical position
Tokai SG in Ebony

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I think the King V'd be easier to play, but that's just my opinion as I find Vs really comfortable compared to other guitars sitting down.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
kelly is comfier in that you can sit down to play it etc., but other than that it's going to be preference.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Your name is DethDroogie and your looking at either a KV or a Kelly. My spidey senses say...You like megadeth! Good choice in music. I would suggest trying out the KV, and make sure you're comfortable with sitting down with it. And with the Kelly, upper fret access isn't all too great
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Try them both out. And don't listen to anyone who says you can't sit playing a V
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
You have to try em out to see if you are comfortable with the shape of the body.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Like others have said, you should try them out yourself. Personally i have found the strat shape to be the most comfortable and balanced. Wierd shapes tend to have balancing issues from my own experience.
it's an awful lot harder to sit with a flying v. I'm not much a fan of sitting in the classical position, I don't find it as comfortable.

you can sit with a kelly the same way you can sit with a strat.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dehumanize93
People who think Vs are uncomfortable don't sit in the proper position.

Yeah? And what is the proper position? Who is the all knowing authority on the rules to sit with a guitar?
Quote by dethfield
Yeah? And what is the proper position? Who is the all knowing authority on the rules to sit with a guitar?

Umm.... what?

There's ONE way to sit with a V shaped guitar that is comfortable, and it turns out its actually the best way to sit with ANY guitar, the classical ****ing position.

Put one of the points between your legs..... suddenly its the most comfortable guitar around!

Back on track....

Personally I'd recommend the King V, but if you want a BALANCED guitar (as in not neck heavy) go for the Kelly. There's a certain way to stand with King V's so they don't dip, unless you have a neckthrough one with the strap button in the right place. Other than that there both basically exactly the same.

You always know what your getting with Jackson, top of the line metal guitars.
Fire it up, let the engines roll!
It's time to burn it down!
Keep bleeding on till the day you die!
Forever love it loud, yeah!
Quote by Bazookajoe_666
Umm.... what?

There's ONE way to sit with a V shaped guitar that is comfortable, and it turns out its actually the best way to sit with ANY guitar, the classical ****ing position.

Put one of the points between your legs..... suddenly its the most comfortable guitar around!

Back on track....

Personally I'd recommend the King V, but if you want a BALANCED guitar (as in not neck heavy) go for the Kelly. There's a certain way to stand with King V's so they don't dip, unless you have a neckthrough one with the strap button in the right place. Other than that there both basically exactly the same.

You always know what your getting with Jackson, top of the line metal guitars.

that may be best for you but its not for all of us! the classical position is ****ing uncomfortable
Tokai SG in Ebony

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
play em, i love vs and they make classical position FTW and ive never played a kelly so i cant help u there, but both are great guitars, the stupid advice id give is, if u like mustaine go with king v, but if u prefer marty go with the kelly, but then again i prefer marty and id go with a king V, so its ur choice
Eh.
Quote by iamflipbaby
that may be best for you but its not for all of us! the classical position is ****ing uncomfortable

Maybe you just fail!

I've taken classical guitar class for 2 years, so it's actually really uncomfortable and awkward for me to sit in any position besides classical. I feel like a retard when I have my guitar all perfectly horizontal and sticking out, with my arm draped over the thing like a monkey...

*sigh* I shouldn't be on here. Someone's going to blow up in my face.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by NosralTserrof
To get into the Sitting V argument, I have one word:

Rhoads.

/discussion

Trolly troll seems to like trolling? They're talking about King Vs, not Rhoads Vs. Two different beasts. =P
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
mans got a point tho. rhoads are look like they would be more awkward tho i bet its the same as a king v
Tokai SG in Ebony

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
Quote by Bazookajoe_666
Umm.... what?

Back on track....

For the record, i sit in the classical position with my Super strats... but that doesnt mean everyone (including OP) will find that position comfortable. And if thats the case then no, a V will not be comfortable for him.

Personally i dont like explorer shape guitars like the kelly either as far as balance and sitting down goes. The large, odd shaped body tends to get in the way and make the guitar feel awkward.
Quote by iamflipbaby
mans got a point tho. rhoads are look like they would be more awkward tho i bet its the same as a king v

I find V's way more comfortable than Rhoads to play sitting. Having both full fins gives it better balance, imo.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by simpleben09
Your name is DethDroogie and your looking at either a KV or a Kelly. My spidey senses say...You like megadeth! Good choice in music. I would suggest trying out the KV, and make sure you're comfortable with sitting down with it. And with the Kelly, upper fret access isn't all too great

That was funny

Anyway, thanks guys. It's not a problem for me to play in the classical position. So I'll go for the KV
Quote by Offworld92
I find V's way more comfortable than Rhoads to play sitting. Having both full fins gives it better balance, imo.

+1 I once played a RR5 and the bottom horn kept slipping through my legs it was *ucking annoying..
You guys are focusing on the wrong question. He wanted to know which was better. I'm pretty sure he doesn't care too much about which is more comfortable sitting down and playing.

Kelly's are some of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen (especially the Japanese Kelly Stars). King V's are to death metal as Strat is to Hendrix. Or Clapton.

If you compare the necks of the two, you'll find they're EXACTLY the same (if they're bolt on and in the same series). They'll probably use the same pickups too. Both were made for high gain brutal tones and shreddability, so you really can't go wrong. The King V probably will tip over the neck easier than the Kelly. But at the end of the day, it's probably what looks best to you that wins. The Kelly might be an easier transition from Strat to weird shapes though.

Personally, I like the Kelly better (possibly because the Rhoads are the best Jacksons and V guitars in my opinion).
guyz, is it harder to sit with a rhoads V or a regular V? cos when I tried to sit with a rhoads one, with one leg between the things, the neck and the guitar started to point away from me, like the headstock was aiming not left from me but northwest if you get it. so?
Quote by DethDroogie
Hello! So far I've been playing strat-style guitars. But I wanna get a Jackson King V or Kelly
So what's the difference in the shapes? Which one is more confy and stuff like that?

i don't know about kellies but when it comes to flying vs you got to make sure that the output socket and strap buttons are not where your feet should be, if that area is clear you're good to go
i own a jr v (kind of king v but the V is narrow instead of really wide) and i love it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma1uHaQRFK8
Quote by dethfield
For the record, i sit in the classical position with my Super strats... but that doesnt mean everyone (including OP) will find that position comfortable. And if thats the case then no, a V will not be comfortable for him.

exactly. if you normally use the classical position then a v will be fine for sitting down and practising. if you don't, it won't. It's perfectly simple.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?