Good news you guys ! As I said It started at 300.. I got it for 330, going to pick it up in the next week, wish me luck and if it goes right then maybe a NAD thread soon

HELLO!

Last edited by JamesLPs at Jul 13, 2010,
The auction's gonna shoot up fast towards closing, just so you know.

Also, JCM 800s don't have as much gain as you would believe on their own, so if you're playing anything heavier than '80s metal you're going to need a boost...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'd say i've you've played with one before and loved it, go for it dude! I've heard they're good quality amps. \m/'
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I don't play much heavier than 80s metal.. only heavy stuff I play is nice melodic leads, I'm actually looking for GNR sound so I thought i'd check this out..

Btw - about you thinking it will shoot up.. it seriously won't.. I know my city, there are about 1.5 million people in it, and about 0.05% play guitar, also the majority of those people are poor, have no taste and probably can't afford computers so I'm guessing this thing won't get much attention..

The fact that no one at all has bid on it in 7 days is a sign of that, not even someone going for the 300 mark which is a great price.

EDIT: sorted an error

HELLO!

it WILL shoot up, people are just biding their time.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
it's had hardly any views - honestly in my best experience (100 feedback ftw) i don't see it happening..

HELLO!

I haven't placed a bid on ebay until the last few seconds for ages and I buy a lot from ebay. The amount of times I've seen no bids until the last few seconds when everybody like me puts in their actual bid is amazing. Bidding early tips your hand and alerts other potential bidders of your presence. Still, stay on top of it, you could get lucky.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
People are almost definatly right.
It'll definatly go up from £300 in the last few minutes of the auction, not saying it'll go massively highter and become really expensive, but it'll go up atleast a little bit.
Just because someone dosn't live in your city dosn't mean that they won't drive there to buy it, I thought that was common sense.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
but surely the proxy bidding system on ebay makes sniping kind of pointless?
i mean say your waiting for the last minute and you bid your maximum of 400 on something, what if someone who bid 2 days before closing has set there limit at 410 automatically beating you no matter how close to closing you bid was?
In this example, surely you'd be better of placing your maximum and letting ebay do the rest? or is there something i'm missing here?
yes, it does seem pointless but there are reasons to snipe - as said lesser presence, more chance of beating someone's unincreased bid, anyyways!!

That's true some may come from yorkshire to get it but I don't believe he has much market.. I will be wiling to bid a bit higher, but to be honest people around here don't know the value of much and I've seen jcm800s go used for anywhere from 250-450 before, I guess it's just luck, I'll be last min. bidding anyway.

HELLO!

You are so lucky. FUUUUUUUUUUUU!

HNAD when you get it though, expect me to post in it
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
You're probably the first person ever to be jealous of a peice of my gear now I know how acoustic mirror feels

HELLO!

Quote by spitonastranger
but surely the proxy bidding system on ebay makes sniping kind of pointless?
i mean say your waiting for the last minute and you bid your maximum of 400 on something, what if someone who bid 2 days before closing has set there limit at 410 automatically beating you no matter how close to closing you bid was?
In this example, surely you'd be better of placing your maximum and letting ebay do the rest? or is there something i'm missing here?

Because you're not just bidding to win it.

You're bidding to win it below the maximum price you're willing to pay. If you toss out $400 and don't get it, you didn't lose anything, because that was the most you were going to shell out for it anyways.

But bidding at the beginning alerts other people you're interested and generally drives the price up higher than everybody just slamming their bid in during the final seconds.

I never bid before 5s or less.

Edit: If it's the Leeds one, the low interest is because he specified he wasn't shipping it and payment was by cash. I wouldn't bid on something that required travel time either.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Jul 13, 2010,
bubb tubbs how do you like the jcm?

edit: i am also jealous of your splawn cab -_-

HELLO!

^ I just rejected a Trainwreck Express clone for it, if that answers your question.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I'm assuming it's for local pickup only then, because otherwise, that price will most definitely shoot up at the end, because you're not just limited to one area, but instead... the entire country.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah local pick up, I wouldn't have bidded if it wasn't just my area cause I know it woulda soared, but I got pretty lucky I was just thinking hmm how much do used jcms go for.. clicked on the link checked it looked at the side and when it said Leeds I was like.. well that's it, it's fate

HELLO!

^ Good deal then, provided it doesn't need a lot of service.

He said he's never had it looked at, so I'd at least get a tech to examine it. If he's done absolutely nothing with it the filter caps are probably due for a change, at the very least.

^ Nope. The Fuchs came out of the starting gate hard, but the 2204 had the stamina for the win.

It's a combo. I forget which one. Look it up on completed co.uk ebay listings.

I'm pretty sure it's a 2204 that i'm getting, 50W combo, I was expecting a service anyway, but I can probably get that with the money I have left over from what I was willing to spend on it..

I'm right in thinking a good service in a chain store wouldn't cost me much more than £30? (~$45)

HELLO!

^ No idea about UK prices, sorry.

Your combo is a 4010, a 1x12 version of the 2204.

I'd go for a high-wattage version of the G12H30 in it to beef up the bottom end.

Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Jul 13, 2010,
I'm presuming a general check up and possibly swapping in some new tubes and a bias?

HELLO!

Well I also don't know rates in the UK, and it will likely vary between shops, IF you have a shop that can do it.
You may need to replace the filter caps, as 800s are getting on in age. I have an 800 copy that I will be replacing the caps in soon. Tube amps need generally need new ones after like 20 years...
My experience has been that if you talk about something too much before it is actually yours, then it will be jinxed. Especially if you talk about it on UG. I would have just waited until you actually have one someday and then post a killer NAD and we'll all be like and and

Also, rates in the US range from $40 - $60 and hour not including parts so it could easily push a buck fifty pounds especially if it needs tubes.
^ Has nobody read this or checked the auction?

It closed.

He won it for 332 GBP.

Man you guys were totally right about sniping.
Just picked up an ac30 for $10 above starting price by bidding 10 seconds before closing and i'm pretty happy. I love ebay!
Quote by spitonastranger
I love ebay!

+1, I can't believe I haven't used it up until a few months ago.

I've gotten even more ridiculous deals than usual through that site
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
See, I told you it'd go up

Nice catch
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by JamesLPs
Yeah local pick up, I wouldn't have bidded if it wasn't just my area cause I know it woulda soared, but I got pretty lucky I was just thinking hmm how much do used jcms go for.. clicked on the link checked it looked at the side and when it said Leeds I was like.. well that's it, it's fate

Goddamnit. I need to get on eBay more often. I could have bought that. Congrats you lucky SOB
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey