anyone know of any high end metal/shred guitars that are KINDA strat shaped but a little more badass like the Schecter Avenger?

Preferably with 24 frets and emgs.... I already have a schecter and i want a guitar with higher quality.
we need a budget as we can suggest somthing from about £200 upto £4000, and we need to know what amp you have as you're amp could be letting you down
ESP Horizon Custom, ESP Horizon FR-II, Jackson SL1, Ibanez RG3520ZE, Ibanez S5470 Prestige are great guitars when you high end gear.

Though we need a budget.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at Jul 11, 2010,
i like bullet for my valentine, as i lay dying, and war of ages... my amp is a peavey 6505+ and i love the thing. My schecter sounds great but it doesnt have the playability of high end guitars from companies like jackson or ibanez. I also am looking for a shape thats not the standard strat shaped guitar but also not some flying v or explorer, thats why i liked the schecter avenger
ibanez rgd
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
The new PRS SE Torero might be worth looking into, or any Ibanez Prestige.
esp mite do something youd like. cant think of any in particular at the moment !! lol
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

i know i seem like an idiot but i want them to be shaped a little differently/ more metaly. I KNOW that those are absolutely amazing guitars but i just hate standard looking guitars. Thats why i liked the schecter avenger so much.
You clearly know nothing about guitars...

It would really help if you told everyone more specifics to what your looking for so far from what you've said

24 Fret
EMG's
Kind of Strat Shaped

Thing you should add: Neck size, Bridge (Floyd or fixed or other) and possibly body wood, or neck material.

and what exactly is your price range? high end guitar could mean alot of things?

1000-2000$ what?
i own a schecter with out a floyd, and a jackson with one, i like both but would prefer without a floyd. i would like the guitar to be around 1500 as i said earlier but i am willing to save up more money if I have to... and yes you are correct I dont know as much about guitars as other people... thats why im asking here.
If your on a buget. Jackson soloist, dinkys Or esp M Or MH
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Maybe check out something by DBZ? The Halycon or Barchetta might suit you, although I still can't see why you'd give up most great guitars out there just for one that looks off shape and "more metaly."

Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jul 11, 2010,
Quote by Pat_s1t
Maybe check out something by DBZ? The Halycon or Barchetta might suit you, although I still can't see why you'd give up most great guitars out there just for one that looks off shape and "more metaly."

DBZ Barchetta, definitely. Maybe even a Bolero or Bird of Prey?
Dude, the DBZ Barchetta Eminent screams metal (I own one and it's the shit!):

http://dbzguitars.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=416

Cool vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W224evVeNd0

Check out the Halcyon too (on my wish list)

DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
I really don't understand... You keep saying "like an Avenger" - If you like the Avenger so much, then why don't you just get one? It's well withing your budget.

The only other stratish shapes that come to mind are an LTD F-something, or an ESP Horizon III, the latter of which is definitely not in your budget, unless you go Edwards.

Also, @shredmaster12, I'm sorry, but those DBZ headstocks are just fugly.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
by far without a doubt if you want a higher quility guitar get the washburn heavy metal series wm526 my friends has one and he let my play it. the neck is so smooth and fast. and the notes are so clear with gain as high as it will go. i have a guitar like the esp horizon. but with reverse headstock and floyd rose. and the washburn would straight up murder my guitar.