So I'm looking for my first pedal. I've looked a several and a few digitechs have caught my eye being the Bad Monkey, Grunge and the SC-2.

I want an overdirve and a distortion pedal but form what I get the SC-2 has both?

I don't know too much about pedals so maybe you guys could help me out? Have any of you used the SC-2 or the other two? What are your opinions about them and are they good for what they are worth?

Or do you guys suggest any others?

My budget would be around $100 and the amp will be my Peavey Bandit.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
The SC-2 would be the best out of the 3, by a mile, but you have to realize that Overdrive and Distortion pedals are totally different animals.

Distortion pedals are almost always used with a clean tone, and generate most if not all of your distortion.

Overdrive pedals can be used with the clean channel of the amp, but generally give you a lighter distortion...more crunch...early AC/DCish. Most people use Overdrive pedals as a boost though. You kick it in on top of your already distorted amp tone.

All that being said, the Bad Monkey is an Overdrive pedal, while the SC-2 and Grunge are Distortion pedals.

It really depends on what you're looking for =P
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by SLonergan
The SC-2 would be the best out of the 3, by a mile, but you have to realize that Overdrive and Distortion pedals are totally different animals.

Distortion pedals are almost always used with a clean tone, and generate most if not all of your distortion.

Overdrive pedals can be used with the clean channel of the amp, but generally give you a lighter distortion...more crunch...early AC/DCish. Most people use Overdrive pedals as a boost though. You kick it in on top of your already distorted amp tone.

All that being said, the Bad Monkey is an Overdrive pedal, while the SC-2 and Grunge are Distortion pedals.

It really depends on what you're looking for =P

I want both, to have some variety. I play a little of everything and my Bandit only has reverb so I need something to give it a boost.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Quote by offthewall91
I want both, to have some variety. I play a little of everything and my Bandit only has reverb so I need something to give it a boost.

If u want both get this
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Visual-Sound-V2-Series-V2JH-Jekyll-and-Hyde-Overdrive-and-Distortion-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=150481

It's an overdrive and distortion pedal in one. Otherwise if u want both, u have to get a separate overdrive pedal and a distortion pedal.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
If u want both get this
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Visual-Sound-V2-Series-V2JH-Jekyll-and-Hyde-Overdrive-and-Distortion-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=150481

It's an overdrive and distortion pedal in one. Otherwise if u want both, u have to get a separate overdrive pedal and a distortion pedal.

I was actually planning on buying them separate, but I'll look into that one, it's a bit out of my price range at the moment though seeing as I have to drop $100 on a new speaker for my bandit.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291